Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/2/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY13131409
Title: Senior Web Designer
Division: MK - Mktg, Communication & Public Affairs
Position Department: Digital Engagement
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Band: 30E-Exempt/Salaried
Title of Person to which Position Reports: Director of Digital Engagement
Description of Duties:
Bentley University is hiring a Senior Web Designer to join its digital team, a group of project managers and Drupal developers who oversee web (www.bentley.edu), mobile (m.bentley.edu), and responsive (hfid.bentley.edu) initiatives for the university. The Senior Web Designer will be responsible for producing elegant, user-centered designs that elevate our brand, enhance the user experience and meet business goals. The right individual for this role operates from their left brain (leveraging insights to inform UI/UX) and right brain (producing beautiful visual designs) and can articulate their vision to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have an online portfolio that is creative, current and teeming with web-based work.
Additional Description of Duties: * Serve as design lead on all web, mobile and responsive projects, conceptualizing and creating wireframes and mockups based on business requirements, translating client needs to design concepts that meet brand standards, user goals and business objectives
* Engage in out-of-the-box thinking with clients to generate ideas that will best capture the desired visual and content elements
* Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely to peers and clients while quickly applying their feedback and direction, as needed
* Deliver pixel-perfect Photoshop files for front-end development team, working closely with them to translate visual designs to functioning websites and pages
* Optimize designs for usability and browser/device compatibility
* Support efforts to capture user insights including user testing, and refine designs based on feedback
* Build out additional capacity with freelance web design resources and manage resources as needed
* Support day-to-day requests for visual design assets for use on the home page and content channels
* Act as a resource and partner to peers in Creative Services
* Follow organizational project management methodologies and technologies
* Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and web design experience required
* Minimum 4 years of experience designing outstanding web-based products (preferably large-scale, dynamically-driven sites)
* Excellent web visual design, layout and typography skills
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 4, 5; working knowledge of HTML/CSS
* Experience working in an agile environment with front-end developers to know what is easy or what is difficult to implement and to iterate accordingly
* Able to juggle multiple projects with multiple stakeholders and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem solving skills
* Experience in mobile interface design, preferably responsive site design, a plus
* Familiarity with Drupal a plus
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents: Other Document
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Months Per Year: 12
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered. Please include a link to your online portfolio in your cover letter or resume.
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s5nm96s
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.