Distance Learning Librarian -
Saint Leo University
in Saint Leo Florida
Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either
Higher Education Executives,
Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants,
. You can also
utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria.
Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background
either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Leo, Florida
Detailed Job Description
- Provide library support (from University campus) for students in the Distance Learning program.
- Perform Statewide Ask-a-Librarian hour for the library.
- Co-edit the library blog directed toward online students detailing online resources.
- Create and record mini-tutorials for DL content courses.
- Provide library instruction and reference follow-up with DL students as required.
- Prepare LibGuides for DL courses as required.
- Coordinate with DL program concerning library support.
- Staff reference desk with weekly scheduled hours.
- Coordinate the building and maintenance of a LibAnswers knowledge database.
- Proven knowledge of a wide range of print, electronic and Internet-based reference tools and databases.
- Experience in bibliographic instruction (academic and online instruction).
- Evidence of awareness of current trends in librarianship and information technology.
- Educational background in the liberal arts and sciences or business.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, team-based environment and with a diverse user group.
- Knowledge of and interest in creative use of technology in library instruction, specifically online instruction.
- Strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated teaching ability.
- Proven ability to maintain currency with library-related applications.
- Flexibility-some weekend hours are required.
- ALA-accredited MLS required.
- 2 years post-MLS experience in academic library public service preferred.
- Cannon Library
- Distance Learning Librarian
- innovative Catholic university
- higher education to the military
- leader in online higher education
- Distance Education Programs
|Employment Type:||Administrative Staff|
See Job Description
|Level of Job:
||See Job Description
|Type of School:||4 - Year / Masters Institution|
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.