Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/3/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EAS) at the Metropolitan State University of Denver invites applicants for a tenure-track position in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
The successful candidate will teach lower and upper division courses in GIS, remote sensing, or other geospatial science courses. A standard teaching load consists of 12 credit hours per semester. For a list of courses taught in EAS, please visit: http://www.msudenver.edu/eas/students/eascourses/. The successful candidate will work and interact with a diverse group of individuals and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
The tenure-line faculty member will be expected to:
1) Teach a variety of GIS, remote sensing, and other geospatial science courses such as upper-division geospatial sciences courses in spatial modeling. remote sensing, cartography, data modeling, database development, python scripting, and/or other geospatial science topics, as well as lower-division introductory geospatial science courses, that includes course content consistent with student learning outcomes listed on the regular course syllabus.
2) Advise students regarding academic programs and careers.
3) Develop and maintain a publication record and present scholarly work at professional conferences or workshops.
4) Participate in interdisciplinary research
5) Integrate scholarly activities and knowledge into teaching to facilitate student learning about real-world problems through spatial data development, modeling, visualization, and analysis, using ArcGIS and other geospatial software.
6) Participate in field experiences, the First Year Success Program, and/or mentor undergraduate research projects.
7) Conduct assessment, curriculum development, and other substantial service activities for MSU Denver and the community.
8) Comply with all university policies such as student evaluation of instruction policies and peer observation policies.
For additional EAS Department information, please visit:
Doctorate degree in Geography, GIS, or an EAS related field at time of application.
1) Experience teaching introductory geospatial science courses.
2) Experience teaching upper-division geospatial sciences courses such as spatial modeling, remote sensing, cartography, data modeling, database development, python scripting, or other geospatial science topics.
3) Experience applying ArcGIS and other geospatial software to real-world problems in geospatial sciences and applications in environmental science, geography, geology, meteorology, and/or sustainable development through spatial data development, modeling, visualization, and analysis.
4) Evidence of commitment and experience in providing a high quality educational experience for students through instructional methods, assessment, and/or course development.
5) A record indicating well-developed scholarship.
6) Willingness and/or experience in participating in service activities.
7) Evidence of commitment to undergraduate education in a diverse urban setting
8) An academic record indicating successful completion of diverse GIS courses
9)• Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and English-language learners.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply online via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Under other document please submit evidence of teaching excellence such as student evaluations, syllabi, and/or instructional artifacts.
If you are unable to submit copies of transcripts at the time of application please submit them to
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.