Detailed Job Description
The Simulation Coordinator collaborates with the Allied Health and Nursing Division members in performing duties essential to the achievement of the departmental goals for simulation. The main purpose of this position is to function as a planner, developer, consultant, coordinator, or resource person to faculty involved with simulation. This position requires technical expertise and health program understanding to enhance quality lab simulation instruction.
West CampusDepartment: Allied HealthDegree Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Works with the Allied Health and Nursing faculty to manage and administer the simulation laboratories by;
• Advising and consulting with the simulation faculty members,
• Establishing and updating policies and standard practices related to the use of simulation technology,
• Establishes and monitors procedures for signing out of simulation lab equipment and movement of simulation equipment from one lab area to another;
• If time permits, assist faculty in developing, presenting, evaluating and refining scenarios utilized for simulation experiences utilizing role playing, props and dialogue to create a realistic learning environment.
2. Maintains the simulation inventory system by;
• Ensuring the completion of an annual simulation equipment inventory of both Allied Health and Nursing,
• Determining the simulation inventory needs for the Allied Health and Nursing Simulation Laboratories in conjunction with the associated program faculty and instructional assistants,
• Scheduling use of the simulation lab/equipment.
3. Participates in and contributes to the upkeep of Allied Health and Nursing Simulation Laboratories by;
• Providing advice & orientation to instructors regarding simulation laboratory procedures, location and use of materials, and the operation of equipment,
• Oversee and coordinate required maintenance or repairs of equipment in the Allied Health and Nursing simulation laboratories.
4. Contributes to the learning needs of faculty in Allied Health and Nursing programs by;
• Serving as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation instruction in classroom/lab activities,
• Coordinating training of faculty in the use of the simulation instruction,
• Working with simulation manufacturer(s) to acquire advanced knowledge in high-fidelity simulation and emerging technologies.
5. Coordinates interdisciplinary simulation events between the Allied Health and Nursing Divisions.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health discipline or Nursing (RN) required
2. Master’s Degree in Allied Health discipline or Nursing (RN) preferred
3. Previous simulation experience required
4. Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or must be willing to obtain
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Strong leadership skills that promote dedication, creativity, innovation and growth.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to employees, faculty, staff, and community groups.
3. Ability to set priorities on own initiative.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access [required].
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
7. Ability to accommodate change.
8. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$36,829 - $46,729 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.