Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Associate Dean, Academic Programs
The Bill Munday School of Business
The Bill Munday School of Business (MSB) at St Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure track position of Associate Dean, Academic Programs to begin July 1, 2016.
The Associate Dean is responsible for the academic leadership of graduate and undergraduate business programs. In consultation with the Dean and other MSB stakeholders, the Associate Dean works to create and maintain innovative and impactful business programs that align with the MSB mission and strategic direction. The MSB's priorities include but are not limited to growth, visibility, and recognition with a focus on teaching effectiveness, scholarship, academic excellence, and operational efficiency. The MSB has a variety of undergraduate programs with over 1,100 students and three graduate degree programs- the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Accounting, and the Master of Science in Leadership and Change with graduate enrollment exceeding 250 students. Like many business schools, The MSB is currently undergoing a variety of large scale change initiatives to create greater impact and engagement across stakeholders. The Associate Dean will also be responsible for overseeing operational leadership to promote excellence in all phases of the MSB's academic activities in compliance with University policy and accreditation standards. Aligned with the MSB vision and strategy, this role requires collaborative work with department chairs, program directors, and faculty to ensure that programs address market trends and create local and global engagement. The Associate Dean also serves as Dean's representative as needed.
• Earned Doctorate in a business related discipline, preferably from an AACSB accredited program. Preference will be given to those with SA qualifications in one or more of the following disciplines: operations management, quantitative sciences, international business, entrepreneurship, social enterprise or finance.
• Significant administrative experience in higher education or in industry with a solid track record of building high performing organizations.
• Past experience leading MBA or other graduate business programs is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to develop plans and initiate change within a complex environment.
• Working knowledge of AACSB accreditation processes and procedures and support of faculty scholarship.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and help foster an environment of professionalism.
• Strong work ethic and experience leading organizations through change.
• Strong commitment to, and experience working with, a diverse student population.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Documented proof of identity, employment eligibility and completion of a successful background check.
• Provides leadership for developing and maintaining educational programs of exceptional quality.
• Provides oversight for all academic business programs to ensure continuous improvement. Includes the creation of new degree programs that resonate with the vision and strategic direction of the MSB and can lead to new revenue streams.
• Provides direction to the MSB curriculum committee.
• Leads effort to review and update undergraduate programs.
• Teach undergraduate and/or graduate students in the area of SA qualification.
• Collaborates with department chairs and program directors to promote excellence in teaching and research, and to evaluate full-time and adjunct faculty instruction.
• Provides support for periodic program reviews required by the university.
• Serves as the MSB liaison to the Office of International Education. Provides oversight and coordination with international business faculty.
• Works closely with the associate dean of assessment and accreditation to provide support for initial AACSB accreditation efforts.
• Supervises undergraduate and graduate business student academic advisors.
• Serves on University councils and committees as appropriate.
• Provides leadership for developing and maintaining efficient and effective academic operational processes and procedures for the MSB.
• Interfaces with University departments such as marketing, admissions, student services and advancement to support MSB programs and initiatives.
• Works with chairs to create an efficient schedule to optimize faculty resources. Includes approval process for the final schedule.
• Oversees all undergraduate and graduate student academic issues including student progress, student complaints, grade appeals, dismissals and academic misconduct.
• Is available to attend student orientations, graduations and other events as needed.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of approximately 4,800 diverse students located in Austin, Texas, with a partner campus in Angers, France. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, applied internships, service learning, and exciting global study opportunities. Its mission to educate the whole student strongly supports academic excellence, diversity, community and compassionate service. St. Edward's University has been recognized for 12 consecutive years as one of Americas Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report, and currently ranks as #13 of the Best Regional Universities in the West. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment as well as to principles that promote inclusive practices. St. Edward's University is categorized as a Hispanic Serving Institution and a Hispanic-serving Agricultural College and University. The community atmosphere extends to over 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. St. Edward's University is a diverse community that encourages faculty and students from all backgrounds to assist in preparing our graduates to be engaged citizens in an interconnected world. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's community as the university increases its global engagement to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century. The web address for The Bill Munday School of Business is http://think.stedwards.edu/business/
Salary and rank are dependent upon qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at www.stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/681700
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.