Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/12/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2012-4977
Campus: Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Employee Classification: Exempt
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Einstein), one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation, and proud home to more than 3,000 faculty and staff, 750 medical students and 350 PhD students, including 125 students in the combined MD/PhD programs. As a longstanding national leader in biomedical research, Einstein has 300+ research laboratories and has been awarded more than $199 million in funding from the National Institutes of Health. Einstein offers challenging, exciting, and rewarding careers for highly talented individuals who are dedicated to advancing pioneering educational and research initiatives. We pride ourselves in our humanitarian mission of serving the community and promoting an academic and working culture that is both supportive and collaborative. At Einstein, science is truly at the heart of medicine.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education and psychology. Since welcoming our first class in 1955, Einstein has been an integral part of Yeshiva University, an institution that offers rewarding and challenging employment opportunities to qualified candidates in a wide range of disciplines.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation and full vesting in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year.
Genetic differences play a vital role in typical human development and disease. These differences can dictate the progression of disease as well as an individual’s potential response to treatment. Our laboratory uses modern genomics to better understand the role of human genetic variations in these processes. Our mission is to lay the groundwork for future development of therapies based on our research.
The Bioinformatics Analyst participates in complex human genetic and genomic research in which s/he executes and analyzes complex genome-wide data. Thus, s/he has the ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and report their results. In addition, s/he has sophisticated computer programming skills that enable him/her to adapt pre-existing complex programs, as well as to write original scripts for him/herself and others in the laboratory.
The Bioinformatics Analyst will:
* Develop a workflow from scratch and/or modify an existing workflow to yield quality analysis
* Handle complex genome-wide genotyping data to implement a workflow that will provide principal component analysis, structure, dendritic tree and other types of population genetic analyses
* Design of new experiments
* Develop and write new programs
* Generate and analyze high complexity data sets
Experience and Education
* M.S. in computer science (bioinformatics) or computational biology is required
* A minimum of three (3) years experience, with at least two (2) years of experience with bioinformatics
Skills and Competencies
* Familiarity with the workings of general molecular biology techniques (protein expression studies, western/immunoblotting, miRNA assays, plasmid purification, ELISA, nucleic acid extractions, PicoGreen, sequencing genotyping and quantitative assays
* Bioinformatics, including mastery of the programming languages, R/S+, Perl, Shell scripting, Python and of scripting, tool pipelines & automation, data formatting, and managing large data sets
* Ability to adapt and use existing public bioinformatics tools to process data. Experience with UNIX-based OS and tools is a necessity
* Required to train fellows and others in the use and implementation of bioinformatic approaches
* Ability to contribute methods, analysis and figures to papers and grant proposals
* Ability to read and critically evaluate scientific literature to incorporate new approaches to his/her work
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y6wgn5c
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.