Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/2/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Duties include the instruction of production skill courses at the undergraduate level, advisement and mentoring of majors in the department and university service.
- A body of professional work which demonstrates a solid understanding of film, video and interactive media production, visual aesthetics and storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and develop innovative content for emerging media delivery systems.
- A Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree in film, television or related field.
- Substantive professional and instructional experience in field and studio production, camera and lighting techniques, and editing software. Experience with creative applications in specific regard to interactive media, is highly desired.
- Facility with Movie Magic Screenwriter or Final Draft, EP Scheduling and EP Budgeting.
The successful candidate will combine demonstrated film, video and interactive media production theory and practice with excellent technical and instructional skills.
The technical "engine" of the FVI program lies in the Ed McMahon Mass Communications Center, a fully-digital, professional-level HD media production facility that allows for an entirely tapeless workflow. The Center's HDTV production studio, with three Sony 910 HD studio cameras, prompters, ProCyc, Sony MVS8000A switcher, Avid Deko, Sony audio console, Grass Valley Group and Omneon video servers along with ample lighting instrumentation and the Center's Remote Equipment Loan operation provide students with all the equipment, supplies and accessories necessary for professional-quality studio and field production, seven days a week. Other facilities include a powerful Pro Tools HD audio studio, Final Cut Pro HD finishing suite, three computer labs, a massive film library and a 26-seat HD screening theatre.
The Center's highly trained full-time support staff is on duty day and night to assist students and faculty.
Special instructions to applicants:
Apply online at https://careers.quinnipiac.edu. Application materials should include curriculum vitae and letter of application addressing professional experience and teaching philosophy.
After initial consideration has been completed, candidates selected for further consideration will be asked to send three letters of reference, evidence of teaching performance, samples of creative work (DVD or url) and a copy of all transcripts.
Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.