Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/5/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position provides academic advising and psychological counseling services to college students.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Provides individual therapy to San Juan College students and staff; documents therapy sessions; refers students to local mental health agencies.
• Provides crisis intervention services.
• Participates in weekly counseling staff sessions; reviews case information and discusses counseling issues and concerns.
• Serves on the college’s Behavioral Intervention Team; monitors BIT reports; develops, updates and maintains BIT protocols and policies.
• Provides academic advising to college students; assists students in coordinating class schedules; assists students with career and major planning; reviews test scores with students.
• Researches advising models and techniques.
• Develops and delivers stress management presentations.
• Develops, updates, and maintains counseling policies and protocols.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of advising services principles and practices.
• Knowledge of counseling principles and practices.
• Knowledge of mental health diagnosis and treatment.
• Knowledge of crisis intervention principles.
• Knowledge of community counseling services resources.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in the delivery of counseling and advising services.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Advising and Counseling Director assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the New Mexico Administrative Code for Counselors and Social Workers, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act regulations, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act regulations, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied psychological counseling and academic advising duties. The unique needs of each client contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide psychological counseling and academicadvising services to students. Success in this position results in the efficient and effective provision of those services.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, law enforcement personnel, emergency responders, medical doctors, community therapists, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.