Detailed Job Description
Under general direction, provides a broad range of support activities including delivery coordination, program coordination, fiscal and related administrative tasks in support of a department program(s).
School of Public Safety Department: Executive Dean's Office
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs, coordinates and supports clerical, fiscal and logistical activities.
2. Creates, types, and edits a broad range of correspondence, documents, and reports under general supervision.
3. Develops, establishes, and maintains filing systems for the program.
4. Monitors and maintains inventories of educational books, materials, and supplies and prepares requisitions and makes purchases .
5. Collects adjunct instructor hiring paperwork for processing and prepares payroll.
6. Accesses administrative and management's calendar to post entries for department activities and schedule appointments and meetings on behalf of leadership.
7. Accesses and enters data from/into the learning management system and departmental Access database.
8. Coordinates multiple projects, activities, and tasks.
9. Submits, tracks and approves vendor payments.
10. Submits, tracks and maintains student waiting list for entrance into the department programs and maintains appropriate supply of program applications, program brochures, and general information is available in the office at all times.
11. Verifies all necessary documents have been submitted with student applications and processes fingerprints.
12. Provides support to program coordinators attends orientations to ensure students receive instructions on how to complete the application.
13. Responds to student and vendor inquiries. Takes initial action to locate information and resolve issues/problems related to program.
14. May be responsible for operating the testing center, to include: scheduling; signing in and assisting candidates; proctoring and submitting exams; and maintaining supplies.
15. Processes renewals for state licensing courses and notifies management, as needed.
16. Ensures accuracy of website procedures for online courses are correct and current.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's Degree (preferred) from a regionally accredited institution in business, human resources, training or related field.
2. Experience in a customer service environment with excellent interpersonal skills.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4.. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment required to perform office functions in an efficient manner.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
3. Skill in effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to organize work, prioritize multiple assignments, make appropriate decisions, and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to work with limited supervision and take initiative, as needed.
6. Ability to pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
7. Ability to communicate with faculty, managers, and support staff (internal customers) to coordinate and complete tasks in a positive and professional manner.
8. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$30,196 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.