Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Evergreen Valley College
Provides tutorial and technical assistance to students, either in a classroom or laboratory setting, enrolled in courses at all levels within the college curriculum. Tasks performed require in-depth technical or professional competence in the instructional area as demonstrated through classroom/lab support, one-on-one tutoring, small group facilitation and large group demonstrations. Must be able to work with all students of varying ages and backgrounds including diverse cultures, learning styles and learning abilities.
WORKING WITH STUDENTS - INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT
1. Schedule and conduct orientations for assigned lab and/or classroom areas including instruction on use of equipment and procedures and provide continual monitoring for proper usage.
1. Perform other duties as assigned and as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. In-depth knowledge of a range of pre-college and lower division courses related to the assigned instructional area.
2. Well-developed knowledge of learning styles, including those for students with learning or other disabilities.
3. Working knowledge of instructional methods and techniques appropriate for students with disabilities affecting their learning process.
4. In-depth knowledge of the operation and features of common word processing and desktop publishing software.
5. Sufficient human relation and public speaking skills to convey technical concepts to others, to facilitate a small group learning process, and conduct demonstrations.
6. Working knowledge of computer-aided instructional techniques and software applications that enhance learning.
7. In-depth knowledge of tutorial and instructional techniques including a range of materials that can be used to enhance or supplement learning.
8. Knowledge of and skill at test and problem writing.
9. Basic knowledge of standard and common office clerical practices.
10. Basic knowledge of classroom or laboratory procedures, organization, equipment, tests, experiments, and simulations.
1. Requires the ability to carry out all the responsibilities of the job including instructional support for assigned area working with adult students of diverse backgrounds, abilities, and skill levels.
2. Design and set up laboratory assignments, experiments, simulations, and tests, as well as student projects.
3. Organize and prioritize work and manage time effectively.
4. Train and direct work of temporary employees, administer tests, and perform general clerical tasks.
5. Relate positively to students in a teaching/learning environment and develop and maintain effective working relationships.
6.Listen actively and effectively and identify and solve problems to facilitate learning for students.
7. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, speak in a clear and concise manner, and follow oral and/or written instructions.
8. Make formal and informal presentations/demonstrations one-on-one and in small groups.
9. Independently work under pressure, provide optimal support to students, and meet deadlines and time lines.
10. Recognize variations in student backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles, and deliver criticism and encouragement in a thoughtful, tactful, and sensitive manner.
11. Effectively support adult students with disabilities of diverse backgrounds, abilities and skill levels.
12. Recognize potential learning disabilities and make the appropriate referrals for assistance.
13. Conduct research using libraries and internet-based search methods.
14. Use multi-media equipment appropriate for presentations.
15. Perform routine record keeping and data entry duties.
16. Operate computer hardware and utilize general software applications and those dedicated to the subject matter.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.