Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/23/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position provides academic advising to STEM-H (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Health Sciences) program participants at San Juan College.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Provides academic advising for first-generation students, low-income students, and students with disabilities.
• Oversees and maintains information within the program database.
• Completes student needs assessments.
• Monitors students in Early Alert Program.
• Prepares and delivers a variety of STEM-H and academic workshops.
• Updates the STEM-H webpage on the college website.
• Manages social media applications.
• Facilitates and plans program events.
• monitors the academic progress of program students.
• Researches and pilots programs for student advisement.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of advising services principles and practices.
• Knowledge of college degree programs and graduation requirements.
• Knowledge of campus and community resources.
• Knowledge of developmental sequence and prerequisite coursework to advance students through their degree programs.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The EDGE Program Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act regulations and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied academic advising duties. The unique needs of each student contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide academic advising services to students. Success in this position results in the efficient and effective provision of those services.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
All applicants are subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.