Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/25/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 2581
Location: Technology Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Information Service and Network & Server Systems (EIS & NSS), the Network Manager works in conjunction with Technology Services (TS) managers and teams to plan, develop, coordinate and execute a comprehensive network, telecommunications, and system monitoring infrastructure for the University of Puget Sound. Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining wireless, Ethernet, and VoIP systems, performing cost benefits analysis, optimizing and enhancing telecommunications and network facilities, and supporting system users' needs and priorities. This position has supervisory responsibilities for both professional and student staff. The successful Manager is creative, flexible, highly-proactive, and a strong innovator, capable of leading and organizing multiple complex projects that cross departmental and operational boundaries.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the leadership and management of TS to help envision future IT directions and goals; makes effective and efficient use of resources; sets high, achievable aspirations for services and operations.
• Hires, trains, and supervises the network and telecommunication services staff; ensures that the staff is empowered to exercise initiative and work creatively, participate productively in inter-departmental and inter-divisional teams, engage in regular professional development activities, and cooperate and communicate well with the Puget Sound community.
• Will provision comprehensive, integrated, reliable, high-quality services in areas such as backbone and local area networking, network facilities and infrastructure, Internet access, high-performance networking, network security, remote access to campus IT services, and telecommunications.
• Evaluates need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance, and/or new systems.
• Ensures legal and regulatory compliance of all communications systems used at Puget Sound.
• Ensures development of and adherence to University standards in all areas of network and telecommunication services.
• Develops and maintains monitoring infrastructure for networks, telecommunications and server systems to ensure TS system reliability and notification to respective responsible team members.
• Develops and implements policies for the appropriate use and management of Puget Sound's network and telecommunication resources.
• Serves as a liaison with network and telecommunication vendors, operating companies, regulatory agencies, and other external bodies involved in these service areas.
• Promotes and facilitates effective communication between the network unit and the community.
• Participates in the development of consulting support and user education activities related to the use of networks and telecommunications by faculty, staff, and students. Engages in a planned program of professional development, coordinated with TS goals and responsibilities; maintains continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Remain flexible with assigned hours due to need to support off-hours outages and network upgrades.
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco hardware and software
• Knowledge of Aruba wireless technology
• Experience with enterprise-level wireless deployments
• Knowledge of network and telecommunication resources, services, and applications appropriate for a university environment
• Knowledge of monitoring tools and techniques
• Ability to envision and implement exemplary applications of information technology to support network and telecommunication operations
• Knowledge of the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and management of networking, telecommunications, and computing equipment
• Knowledge of global high-performance networking developments and options
• Commitment to service
• Collaborative and cooperative approach to leadership and management
• Managerial, organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills
• Initiative, creativity, and motivation skills
• Speaking, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors, service providers, and regulatory agencies
• Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in deploying wired and wireless networks
• Five to seven years of experience in a technology-related management role that involved deploying and maintaining networks and VoIP based telecommunications, business analysis, project coordination, and developing staff
• Experience developing and maintaining network and system monitoring infrastructure
• Experience managing a diverse group of people
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than October 9, 2015 to ensure consideration.
When prompted to upload required documents, please upload resume. All additional documents can be uploaded within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
• Letter of Interest
• List of three (3) professional references
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
Commitment to Diversity: Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/university-diversity-statement/.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/678635
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.