Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/9/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Chair will be an accomplished, future-oriented visionary and professional who will lead the department in curriculum design and development, uses of technology, faculty development, and pedagogy and instruction. S/he will be an individual who embraces diversity in individuals, perspectives, and musical styles. The Chair must have the managerial and organizational skills and political acumen to navigate in a complex academic setting and to build relationships with partners inside Berklee, as well as locally, nationally, and internationally.
The ideal candidate will embrace and promote the rich variety of musical styles available to today’s songwriters as well as new directions and methods of songwriting and songwriting production. S/he will have the ability to effectively integrate new trends into the curriculum. S/he will have outstanding communication, interpersonal, and consensus-building skill, and will enjoy working collaboratively and collegially with a wide variety of constituents. A commitment to the experience of students is essential.
• Master's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Substantial experience as an active songwriter or music executive in the field of songwriting
• Teaching and/or administrative experience, preferably in a college setting
• Thorough knowledge of current practices and technological advances in the field
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Effective administrative skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and set and meet deadlines
• Interest in working in a diverse workplace with a multicultural student body
• Experience in managing in a faculty union environment is preferable
This position is a full-time, 12-month appointment with a preferred starting date of September 1, 2013. Initial appointment is for three years. Compensation will be both competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. The position is based in Boston, MA.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
• Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities, experiences, and interests
• A resume (including songwriting/industry credits) and/or CV
• Names and contact information for at least three (3) references
The position will remain open for applications until filled.
***Electronic applications only.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.