Detailed Job Description
Responsible for providing accounting, analysis, reconciliation, fiscal monitoring, and other financial related services related to the college accounting records.
District OfficeDepartment: Grants Accounting Office
Essential Job Functions
1. Acts as liaison for the Financial Services division in matters with other college departments, fielding and responding to inquiries relating to financial transactions.
2. Reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts to accounting records on a timely basis.
3. Processes accounting entries as needed to adjust account balances based on reconciliation or other fiscal monitoring activities performed.
4. Monitors financial accounting transactions for compliance with college policy and procedure, as well as applicable State, Federal, or external agency mandated regulations. Identifies any questionable financial activity, and resolves potential issues in coordination with the Director, Accounting.
5. Develops and maintains Excel spreadsheets and other necessary documentation to provide auditable evidence of verification of account balances, reconciliation, monitoring procedures, and any other fiscal functions that may be deemed necessary.
6. Prepares internal and external agency financial reports.
7. Reviews cash position on a regular basis to ensure appropriate cash balances are maintained in accounts. Requests disbursement of funds from appropriate funding agency as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma (required); Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred with emphasis in accounting or business (preferred).
2. Progressively responsible accounting experience, which demonstrates an understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of computerized accounting practices and procedures.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and other accounting related software, including Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Microsoft, Excel.
3. Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing demonstrate the ability to accurately and thoroughly communicate using logic and clarity of thought.
4. Ability to handle multiple priorities, follow complex directions, organize work, take initiative, and function independently.
5. Ability to accurately collect, process, review, and evaluate financial and accounting data, and prepare related reports.
6. Ability to maintain good working relationships with college staff and external partners.
7. Ability to provide guidance to support staff in the completion of their tasks.
8. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse employee and student populations.
$34,459 - $37,573 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.