Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/30/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Metropolitan State University of Denver, is seeking applications for a tenure-track position in Statistics beginning August 2013.
Teach 12 hours of undergraduate statistics and probability courses, as well as other mathematical sciences courses per semester, including evening courses, and possibly online courses using multimedia and other technologies as needed; advise students; participate in course and program development and in scholarly and professional activities; perform college and community service; perform other duties as assigned by the Chair; and work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
Ph.D in Statistics or Ph.D. in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics with graduate level courses in statistical theory, applied statistics and probability, completed no later than August 1, 2013.
1) Ph.D. in Statistics
2) Experience in teaching statistics courses at the college level, along with evidence of successful teaching (e.g student evaluations)
3) Knowledge of statistical and mathematical software
4) Experience with actuarial curriculum.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
IMPORTANT: Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae (including a complete description of scholarly activities) to the online application. The cover letter should relate the applicant’s expertise to the qualifications listed.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS NECESSARY TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION IF NOT ALREADY INCLUDED IN ATTACHED RESUME/CV AND COVER LETTER:
In order for an application to be considered complete and forwarded to the search committee each applicant MUST submit the following:
1) three current letters of recommendation from people who are in a position to know the applicant’s expertise and teaching effectiveness;
2) evidence of effective teaching at the undergraduate level (including student evaluations, if available);
3) a detailed description of experience with the use of software packages and programming languages;
4) a list of all mathematics and statistics courses taught; and
5) copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
Chair, Search Committee for Statistics
Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Metropolitan State University of Denver
PO Box 173362, Campus Box 38
Denver, CO 80217-3362
Phone: (303) 556-2604 Fax: (303) 556-5381
**The selected candidate(s) will be required to provide Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities where degrees were awarded prior to a contract being finalized.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.