Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the University's Director of Creative Services, reinforces the UVU brand by creating original designs for the University's web site and other interactive media. Leads and manages a multi?functional design team in the conception, design and execution of visual materials for integrated, cross?channel initiatives.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Create original design for web, interactive and other media for university administration, departments, and programs using Web-based interactive technologies and design applications; creating presentations and project plans, meeting with clients, and ensuring successful representation of the university's brand in the online sphere, including sophisticated web design, user interface design and interaction design. Design Internet and intranet pages that accurately reflect the university's identity and help to achieve the university's goals and objectives. Create the concepts, artwork and layout for sites and other online projects based on creative briefs and client meetings. (60%)
- Collaborate front-end web development with Web Development Services department; conversant in web technology standards such as publishing platforms, blog platforms (Wordpress), CMS, HTML, and CSS, with an understanding of web design issues, including cross?platform compatibility, scalability, usability, analytics and accessibility. (25%)
- Supervise, direct, and motivate direct reports/team members. Perform other job related duties as assigned (15%)
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor Degree in Graphic Arts, Digital Media or related field and three years of relevant professional experience related to summary of duties OR any combination of a minimum of an associate degree and work experience totaling 7 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the web design creative process.
- Knowledge of design software such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and other WYSIWYG & text editors.
- Knowledge of 3D, After Effects or video editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of web technology standards and web design issues including; platform compatibility, scalability, usability, analytics and accessibility.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design and web technologies, responsive design and mobile design.
- Knowledge of branding and understanding of the University's goals and initiatives and working in a higher education setting.
- Excellent communication, creativity and design skills.
- Excellent rapport-building and customer service skills.
- Proficient in working with design software.
- Working within a team, motivated and diplomatic.
- Ability to lead people and manage projects and resources.
- Ability to lead collaborative projects across departments and divisions; excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of PHP, XML and JSP.
- Ability to create original designs for web and interactive platforms.
- Ability to translate objectives into interactive creative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must submit an electronic portfolio of 8-10 projects to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position.
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com