Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/5/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director of Online Learning provides the overall leadership for online teaching and learning under the supervision of the Dean of General Education. This position is responsible for the strategic vision of an inclusive virtual campus, in addition to the planning, implementation, and coordination of all online learning courses and programs delivered by internet, Idaho Educational Network (IEN), and other emerging technologies strengthening off-site access to educational opportunities in the College of Western Idaho service area and statewide. The manager must have a working knowledge of Learning Management Systems, and specific knowledge of Blackboard. The Director of Online Learning is also responsible for the management and supervision of online teaching and learning staff, support services, and training programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Leadership, Supervision, Goal-setting, and Implementation
• Sets the strategic vision for a virtual campus in collaboration with stakeholders and administration.
• Provides vision and leadership in the integration of technology to support teaching and learning in all areas of instruction; and serves the mission of CWI by working productively with faculty, staff, and administration to create a campus climate that promotes student-centered distant learning.
• Provides leadership in the development and implementation of quality standards for online, IEN, and hybrid delivery methods to assure comparability with traditional classes.
• Implements assessment and continuous improvement models for various components of a virtual campus.
• Supervises and evaluates all staff, programs and projects directly relating or reporting to this position.
• Collaborates with instructional deans, directors, assistant deans in the preparation of all course schedules and use of student cohort models.
• In close communication with assistant deans, monitors and evaluates online delivery, faculty interaction, online tutoring and online modalities.
• Works closely with Enrollment and Student Services to influence direction and implementation of virtual one-stop, online advising, and other online support functions.
• Leads the Online Advisory Team.
• Works closely with Information Technology to provide advice on infrastructure, emerging technology needs and the fiscal implications to support online teaching and learning.
• Works closely with Information Technology to provide technical support to other institutions and community clients.
• Coordinates with Center for Teaching and Learning to implement online faculty development support.
• Oversees development and implementation of end of course evaluation tool for all CWI courses.
• Responsible for maintaining the academic policies and standards of best practices relating to online teaching and learning.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of the Online Instruction Course and training modules.
• Represents College of Western Idaho at local, regional, state, and national distance education forums.
• Assists the College through participation on various planning and advisory committees.
• Monitors and reports statistics related to online learning.
• Coordinates and manages all budgets related to online development programs and projects.
• Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology or related degree.
• Three years related experience and/or training in online development and delivery.
• Online teaching experience.
• Administrative knowledge of Blackboard or comparable learning management system.
• Supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Project management experience.
In addition to the above qualifications, a superior candidate will have:
• Five years of related experience in online development and delivery.
• Post-secondary teaching experience.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.