Detailed Job Description
Under limited supervision, provides college wide leadership and administrative responsibility for all budget functions, to include planning, coordinating, preparing and implementing all funds of the college budget. In addition, this role will be responsible for preparing and analyzing special financial and business case analysis assignments that occur throughout the year.
District OfficeDepartment:Budget OfficeDegree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Assist the Vice President, Operations and Finance, in providing college wide leadership in the development of budget policy.
2. Responsible for monitoring the on-going financial performance of the College.
3. Ensures that the college adheres to and properly evaluates Board rules and administrative procedures as required by the budget.
4. Maintains a strong partnership with other finance areas.
5. Responsible for leading the efforts of the college procurement group.
6. Ability to prepare and present formal presentations to Senior Leadership and the Board of Trustees.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
3. Relevant work experience in budgeting and accounting operations management and finance. Experience in higher education or similar non-profit organization preferred.
4. A strong financial systems background with proven experience with financial reporting systems and computer applications (Banner preferred).
5. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position.
2. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
3. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems (Banner preferred).
4. Knowledge of generally accepted business practices.
5. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
6. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
7. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
8. Small and large project/program orientation.
9. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects Knowledge of federal and state financial operations guidelines.
10. Knowledge of higher education environment and its relationship to the greater community.
11. Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
12. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with employees.
13. Ability to supervise employees.
14. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
15. Ability to work in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse work force.
$101,000 - $114,000
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.