Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/7/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Assistant Director of Student Media supports students, helps create measurable learning outcomes and promotes achievement outside the classroom. This position is responsible for expanding revenue generation and Met Media brand awareness through management of student advertising and marketing teams. Other responsibilities include program development in print, broadcasting and online media production, mentoring students, WordPress website development and offering guidance to students seeking to build practical career skills.
OFFICE DEVELOPMENT (RAISE MONEY FOR MET MEDIA)
• Supervises student advertising sales team: creates a sales strategy, trains advertising sales team members and provides regular feedback.
• Supervises student marketing team: leads development of a marketing strategy, trains and supervises marketing team, and provides regular feedback on events and social media.
• Promotes Met Media and its services on campus.
• Researches, develops, encourages, recommends, implements and monitors student-led, revenue-generating programs or non-student-fee-funded revenue opportunities for Met Media.
• Assists the administrative assistant and director with documentation of all expenses and revenues associated with Met Media accounts.
• Helps prepare budget for student-fee-funded aspects of the office, including the Student Affairs Board.
• Helps maintain revenue accounts and makes sure those accounts comply with state and institutional rules and requirements.
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT/TRAINING (MAKE STUDENTS MORE EMPLOYABLE)
• Organizes semi-monthly workshop series (for Met Media but open to academic departments and the university’s diverse student population) with industry leaders for career-related skills.
• Researches and shares online webinar and local workshop/conference opportunities for students in all Met Media units.
• Builds relationships with academic departments, student affairs offices, tri-institutional agencies, and the downtown and neighboring communities to enhance learning and employment opportunities for the diverse student population at Met Media and the university in general.
• Provides one-on-one mentorship and training to students.
• Assists in recruiting student leaders.
PUBLIC RELATIONS (MAKE MET MEDIA FAMOUS)
• Develops and executes additions to the mymetmedia.com WordPress website in conjunction with staff or external programmer. Duties include content management, student training and security activities.
• Develops initiatives that expand the Met Media brand presence on campus and beyond, as needed.
• Researches contest opportunities (CMBAM, SPJ, ACP, CMA, NAHJ) and guides students through the application processes.
• Promotes media opportunities for diverse and hard-to-reach student populations.
• Builds and maintains Met Media alumni networks on social media channels, i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
• Networks with professors to attract high-level students to Met Media.
• Promulgates a “digital-first” philosophy through WordPress website and social media strategies that emphasize convergence, multimedia, digital ad sales and SEO.
ADMINISTRATIVE LEADERSHIP (MAKE MET MEDIA A GREAT PLACE TO WORK)
• Creates measurable learning outcomes for Met Media students, tracks and assesses the work of all Met Media units and progress of students, and provides regular feedback to help develop professional skills among students.
• Assists students and administrative team with file organization and software manipulation using Apple computers and related devices, including smartphones and tablets; software incudes Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
• Assists in community service activities of unit, division and University.
• Participates in all-student staff meetings and regular staff meetings with the director and administrative team.
• Organizes monthly team-building activities for Met Media students to increase awareness and improve company culture.
• Participates in unit, division, University and campus-wide committees.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing/sales, journalism, broadcasting, technical communications, communication design or related field.
2. Experience with advertising sales and customer relationship management software.
3. Professional experience in print, broadcasting or online media production.
4. Experience with managing WordPress content.
5. Minimum two years of experience using social media channels to build engagement, including scheduled posts.
6. Experience in mentoring and training.
7. Minimum two years of experience with Apple computers and related devices.
1. Master’s degree in a media-related field.
2. Minimum two years of experience providing supervision and performance management over staff in a higher education setting.
3. Supervision and leadership of ad sales and/or marketing personnel.
4. WordPress programming experience.
5. Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
6. Experience promoting employment opportunities for a diverse student population.
7. Experience with assessment of program performance and student learning outcomes.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.