Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/19/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
As part of the Academic Technology department, the Multimedia Specialist works with faculty to create original academic video. He/She is responsible for coordinating pre-production, production and post-production of all projects. The Multimedia Specialist also provides expertise in the application of video content in an academic setting.
- Script, direct and produce academic video tutorials, modules and packages.
- Video record guest lecturers and classroom presentations.
- Act as a liaison between faculty and Information Services staff for video and multimedia needs.
- Produce and edit promotional videos for external use by Quinnipiac University.
- Train and supervise Production Assistants (student workers).
- Maintain multimedia equipment to ensure it is in good working order.
- Make recommendations for multimedia equipment purchases.
- Manage schedules and budgets for all production projects.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proficient with high-end video editing software (e.g. Final Cut Studio, Adobe Premier).
- Experience with digital HD video cameras, lighting equipment and audio equipment.
- Proven ability to produce dynamic videos in an array of environments.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment that values a high level of Customer Service.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage tasks through to completion in a timely fashion.
- Must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity of Copyright Law.
- Knowledge of streaming video protocol.
- Familiarity with digital asset management.
- Experience converting video to an array of file formats based upon intended use.
- Experience producing academic videos.
- Familiarity with Classroom Lecture Capture solutions.
- Familiarity with After Effects, or equivalent.
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.