Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1827 - Unclassified - FT
To assist in the care of the equestrian facilities and of the horses. To assist with instructing riding for the Equestrian Center.
Observing the principles of riding and making safety a priority. To assist with facility coverage and supervision of special events as needed.
• Required to perform duties with limited supervision
• Conducts daily safety assessments of the animals, facilities, and equipment, and recommend appropriate action.
• Assist grooms and student workers to facilitate day-to-day care of the horses and facility maintenance.
• Instruct KNH Classes and keep records for final grade submission
• Prepare all necessary paperwork to be turned into Director and KNH Department
• Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all tack and equipment
• Assist in the clipping, mane pulling, and other show-grooming and maintenance
• Maintain order and appearance of all Equestrian Center equipment
• Remain current and knowledgeable in all emergency procedures of the Equestrian Center and Recreational Sports Center.
• Implement policies and procedures for the equestrian program with emphasis on current risk management.
• Assist in the training and preparation of horses for lessons
• Keep up-to-date medication and supplement list as instructed by Director
• Responsible for minor medical treatment and continued special care for specific horses as needed
• Maintain barn cleanliness
• Coordinate scheduling, supervising, and teaching summer camp lessons and interactive tour demonstrations
• Process all incoming invoices (credit card receipts, invoices, travel receipts) and maintain organizational system Assist
Associate Director with all paperwork and filing
• File work lists/ horse lists weekly
• Organize and archive outdated facility documents; maintain archives of all important documents (including but not limited to
invoices, team rosters, vet, work lists, horse lists)
• Assist Directors with various projects as needed, including but not limited to correspondence
• Give tours (interactive and prospective students)
• Maintain tour guidelines
• Ensure Intern timesheets are completed weekly and sent to Human Resources
• Assist in the supervision of events
• Assist with teaching , record keeping and possible travel for competitive collegiate equestrian athletes.
• Implement classroom lectures
• Assist in marketing needs of the equestrian center
• Completes other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous participation in equestrian sports
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft office, Google and classroom software such as Niihka and blackboard
• College degree in related field.
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Previous training and instructional experience in equestrian sports.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.