Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/30/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Biology Department at Winthrop University invites applicants for an assistant professorship with expertise in anatomy and physiology to join a department that is comprised of 15 tenure-track faculty, 350 undergraduate majors, and 20 MS students. Winthrop University, located in the Charlotte, North Carolina metropolitan region, is a liberal arts, masters-granting state university. The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of excellence in teaching, a strong commitment to student learning and development, and the ability to establish an independent research program that attracts both graduate and undergraduate students. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills and strong personal ethics are also highly desired. This tenure track faculty position with a rank of assistant professor requires a Ph.D. in anatomy and physiology or an equivalent area. Promise of teaching excellence in anatomy and physiology is required. Other courses could include introductory biology, scientific process, integration of biological principles or other courses to total 12 hours per semester. Establishing a research program in the candidate’s area of expertise is essential. The expected start date of August 12, 2013. Review of completed applications will begin on Monday, December 10, 2012, and continue until the positions are filled. EOE Visit the department website for more information: http://www.winthrop.edu/biology/.
Title: Assistant Professor of Biology
1. Teach courses in anatomy and physiology
2. Teach additional courses that could include introductory biology, a research methods course, a senior capstone course or other courses to give a total of 12 credit hours each semester
3. Develop additional undergraduate and graduate courses in area of specialization
4. Appropriate scholarly involvement in field of specialization
5. Effective advising of both undergraduate and graduate students
6. Appropriate engagement in service to the department, college, and university
7. Other duties as assigned by the department chair
1. PhD in a Biological Science with strong background in anatomy and physiology. ABDs will be considered for appointment in a non-tenure track position at the rank of instructor if all degree requirements are not completed by the expected start date of August 12, 2013
2. Evidence of excellence in teaching and a strong commitment to student learning and development
3. Evidence of an ability to establish an independent research program that will include both graduate and undergraduate students
4. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills and strong personal ethics for mentorship of student research projects
1. A nine-month, full-time, tenure track appointment with the option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary dependent upon qualifications.
Position Availability: August 12, 2013
Application Deadline: December 10, 2012
1. Application deadline is December 10, 2012. Application materials received after the deadline may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found.
2.Individuals wishing to apply for this position should immediately make their interest known to:
Dr. Janice Chism
Chair of the Search Committee
Department of Biology
Rock Hill, SC 29733
Phone: 803-323-2111, ext. 6429
Fax: 803-323-3448; email: email@example.com
3. The following materials should be submitted:
a.Letter of application
b. Current curriculum vitae
c. Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
d. All graduate degree transcripts (copies are acceptable for application but official transcripts will be required for an offer of employment)
e. Detailed statements of teaching philosophy and future research plans
f. Evidence of effective teaching (such as student evaluations)
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.