Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Key Position Information:
Responsible for translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, concepts, and designs, and will determine the most effective way to represent the St. Petersburg College brand and identity across multiple media channels. This position will be a creator of graphic design, logo development, collateral development, advertising, promotions, as well as various digital implementations for the web and social media.
· Collaborating with others such as project managers, photographers, web developers and content developers on the St. Petersburg College MPI team.
· Knowledge of current versions of Adobe Creative Suite-including Adobe Acrobat and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to articulate and justify creative concepts to Asst. Director of Creative, and team members.
· Ability to provide constructive direction to improve overall quality of communications.
· Planning, time-management and follow-through skills.
· Ability to develop effective design solutions within constraints of deadlines and budgets.
· Knowledge of typography and photography techniques.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff and team members.
Incumbents design communication materials in various forms. Responsibilities may include the following: conceptualize and develop digital marketing and advertising materials (with particular emphasis on responsive web, interactive and mobile media) for prospect conversion, student enrollment, engagement and retention; use specialized knowledge and skills in front-end responsive web design to aid developers in transforming concepts into hand built sites, using PSD to HTML principles; apply knowledge of current practices of web and mobile technologies, and their impact on interface design and user experience to contribute, produce and enhance project work. Regularly collaborates with creative and interactive teams to move projects from concept to the completion.
Typical Essential Duties
Responsible for front-end web design to aide in development of hand built, fully custom responsive sites that are cross-functional on all platforms, browsers and devices
Understands target audience requirements and translates to actions that enhance development of creative approaches and conversion of prospective students
Communicates with web developers to coordinate web site strategy, creative execution, UX design, and navigational systems as they pertain to Web function specifications
Maintains consistent brand identities across all marketing materials, with particular emphasis on digital, video and multi-media presentations
Remains apprised of design, interactive (web and mobile), and video trends and software enhancements, and serves as "subject matter expert" in these areas for Marketing staff members
Oversees, develops and implements email campaigns using HTML responsive techniques
Communicates and develops department's vision; working with department's senior management to impart guidance and direction, and otherwise support strategic objectives
Manages projects and performs other duties as assigned
Associate's degree in digital graphic design or related field.
Two years professional experience.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge of typography and photography techniques
Must be able to design for both print and web.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
1. Designs layout for ads and promotional materials, which includes creating designs, determining size and arrangement of text and illustrative material, updating and enhancing designs, and proofreading and editing materials as necessary.
2. Develops graphic designs, logos, multimedia presentations, and related marketing materials.
3. Prepares and maintains a variety of operational records and files.
4. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Physical Requirements
Principles of user-centered design, information architecture and usability
Development of web site strategy, creative execution, UX / UI design, and navigational systems
Knowledge of front-end web design to produce hand built, fully custom and cross-platform responsive sites
Graphic design techniques and principles;
Document design and layout principles;
English language, grammar, and punctuation;
Record keeping principles;
Computers and related software applications.
Experience with Responsive Layout Design/Development
Experience in creating webpage mockups and seeing it through to production
Hands-on experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, ReFlow, Edge Animate and Muse
Designing promotional layouts and graphics;
Editing and proofreading materials;
Maintaining operational records;
Using a computer and related software applications;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.