Detailed Job Description
Responsible for student admissions, registration, records maintenance and retrieval, and graduation, including policies, processes, systems, and technologies that ensure compliance, positive student experience, and deep collaboration with other student services, academic administration, marketing, information technology, and business operations.
West CampusDepartment: Registrar's OfficeDegree Requirement: Master's Degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides leadership as the Registrar for Valencia College.
2. Provides leadership for the areas of Admissions, Registration, Records, and Graduation, and the functions that support these services at all Valencia campuses and other locations where courses are offered.
3. Designs, implements, and communicates effective processes pertaining to student records that enhance the student experience including admissions, registration, transcript evaluation, residency for tuition purposes, grade processing, and data processing for state and federal reporting.
4. Collaborates with the Student Affairs leadership team to review, update, develop, and implement processes that enhance the student experience.
5. Collaborates with Information Technology on system upgrades, programming requirements, state reporting, web applications, and internal reports.
6. Collaborates with the Instructional Affairs Committee, Curriculum Committee, Faculty Council, and senior administrators on effective means of registration, course scheduling, award of credit, and student enrollment for the college that improves student progression and completion.
7. Collaborates with Direct Connect consortium partners, especially the University of Central Florida, to accomplish the strategic direction and student experience outcomes that are outlined and revised annually.
8. Develops and implements learning-centered processes, systems, and materials that support college-wide student admissions and record keeping.
9. Provides leadership in the planning, design and implementation of computerized systems to serve enrollment management; develops appropriate information and reporting tools for assigned areas; provides enrollment related information to faculty administrators and staff, as requested.
10. Serves as Editor of the annual college catalog, and coordinates its review, revision, update and publication, in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Curriculum and Assessment.
11. Develops and disseminates college-wide calendars, registration schedules, and enrollment reports.
12. Collaborates with college transition programs and marketing concerning the development and implementation of the College's promotion, recruitment, and enrollment programs.
13. Designs and implements an effective system to provide supervision and evaluation to assigned professional and career staff that maximizes their performance and professional development.
14. Ensures that all policies and procedures and processes provide compliance with state and federal regulations.
15. Provides leadership and training to staff regarding learning-centered processes, systems, practices, and technologies related to Valencia's LifeMap system and all of its components.
16. Provides leadership in the development of appropriate Board Rules, administrative policy and procedures.
17. Provides leadership for annual Commencement ceremonies.
18. Provides programs of college-wide professional development training related to local, state and federal policies.
19. Establishes and maintains an ongoing liaison with schools, colleges, and universities, including transfer articulation to ensure seamless transition of students.
20. Represents the College at state, regional and national meetings and other assigned events.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution [required] in counseling, student personnel services, or related field. Doctorate preferred, in higher education or related field.
2. Experience in management to include extensive experience/knowledge in student records, registration, admissions, planning and scheduling processes, systems, and technologies.
3. Experience in designing and developing admissions, records, registration, and graduation processes and computer-based systems.
4. Experience in supervision and staff development.
5. Highly developed communication and collaboration skills.
6. Experience with relational database systems.
7. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
8. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of college admissions/records requirements and policies and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements.
2. Knowledge of admissions procedures, practices, and policies as they relate to the college mission.
3. Ability to design systems that optimize the student experience and meet requirements of the College and compliance with regulations.
4. Ability to collaborate with diverse groups and reach agreement on complex issues that affect systems, operations, and the student experience.
5. Deep technical understanding of the dependencies of a relational database in order to analyze and resolve systemic issues and errors.
6. Ability to diagnose issues from a "systems" perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$87,090 - $120,000 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.