Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/9/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Provide front desk support, assists employees/students/visitors, directing messages and providing information within scope of knowledge and authority.
2. Coordinates the on-boarding process for all new employees; hiring paperwork, background check/physical screenings/drug testing, benefits and orientation packets, etc.
3. Maintain employment data. Prepare scheduled reports and adhoc reports upon request to payroll and human resource administrators.
4 Create/organize/maintain filing system (including electronic data) for documents and other information pertinent to the smooth flow of work in the human resource office.
5 Provides executive support for the Vice President of Human Resources.
6 Review incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
7 Coordinate resources for human resource meetings and events.
8 Coordinate with appropriate departments in the preparation of the staff/faculty directory.
9. Prepare correspondence, memos, reports, and other documents using University selected software.
10. Maintain the confidentiality of such issues as may arise in the Human Resource Office.
11. Update human resource forms/documents and the human resource website as needed.
12. Process purchase requisitions and requests for payment. Assist in monitoring department budget and reconcile expenditures.
13. Order office and benefit materials as needed.
14. Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
15. Work independently and collaboratively on special projects as needed.
- Five or more years experience of providing broad based administrative support to mid sized (6+) department in complex organization.
- Experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Experience should include: working across multiple departments to achieve goals; strong customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude; demonstrate good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated intermediate level skills with the full Microsoft Office suite of products; prior experience in managing basic budgeting and expense allocations;
- Internet research abilities and strong communication skills; close attention to detail, able to problem solve and deal with shifting priorities effectively.
Special instructions to applicants:
**This is a TEMPORARY ROLE for up to ONE YEAR in the Human Resources dept. It is not benefit eligible.
We would prefer candidates who can make a commitment to join our team for the entire year.
** Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter detailing your qualifications and relevant skills for the role.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.