Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
RITs College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering Technology (ECTET) department is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time, tenure-track position in our Electrical Engineering Technology program. Assistant or Associate Professor Rank will be commensurate with qualifications. The position begins in the fall semester of 2016.
Responsibilities include lecture and laboratory development and delivery; development of a rigorous personal research program including external funding that relates to the departments focused scholarship agenda; advising MS graduate-student projects and theses; continuous improvement of professional and technical capabilities, and service on department, college, and institute committees.
We are seeking an individual with high research potential and industrial experience in the area of electrical engineering including extensive experience with theory and application of analog electronics. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to contribute to one or more department areas of distinction including audio, embedded systems, power & energy, and telecommunications. Scholarship productivity supporting department-defined areas of focus consistent with a scholarship-intensive profile for the university as a whole (https://www.rit.edu/cast/scholarship-foci-department ) is expected.
• A Ph.D. in engineering, science, or a related field or, Ph.D. in technical education (e.g. STEM, learning, or related) with appropriate engineering/technical MS degree or Any ABD completion must be prior to August 1, 2016.
• Approximately 3 years of relevant professional experience is required by the expected date of hire.
• Current technical expertise in one, or more, of the following areas: amplifier design, signal processing, analog/mixed signal design, power & energy, clean energy technologies, or auditory perception.
• Demonstrated potential for high quality teaching
• Demonstrated research and scholarship activities as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in an area that relates to the focused scholarship agenda of the department and/or discipline-based education research (DBER).
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty. Search: BR1926
Please submit the following:
• Cover letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• A separate one page statement for each of the following describing
• Your teaching philosophy and experience,
• The research agenda and funding sources you intend to pursue, and
• How you will contribute to RITs continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences. For format of diversity statement https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/forms/Diversity_Statement_Guide_for_candidates_4-12.docx.
• Names, addresses and phone numbers for three references.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.