Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology (MMET) department in RITs College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time, tenure-track position, to support the Mechanical, and Electrical Mechanical Engineering Technology Programs. Candidates for this position will be expected to teach and also conduct externally funded research in areas related to mechanical, automotive, aerospace, bio-mechanics, energy, additive manufacturing and/or discipline based education. Assistant or Associate Professor Rank will be commensurate with qualifications. The position begins in the fall semester of 2016.
Responsibilities will include teaching, research and service. Teaching will include course and laboratory development, and delivery via classroom and online formats. Research will be expected in a well-defined area of focus that enhances and compliments the departments strategic research foci (https://www.rit.edu/cast/mmet/mmet-scholarship-foci) including securing external funding and peer-reviewed publications. Service will include contributions to the department, college and university; and maintaining a clear professional development agenda to support the departments growth.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Ph.d. in Mechanical Engineering or an earned doctorate in a related field or, a Ph.d in technical education with appropriate engineering/technical MS degree or ABD with a completion prior to August 1, 2016 in the fields described above
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: mechanical, automotive, aerospace, bio-mechanical, controls, machine design, applied mechanics, computer aided engineering.
• Demonstrated research in the areas listed above and/or discipline based education research as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty. Search: BR1908.
Please submit the following:
• Cover letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• A separate one page statement for each of the following describing
• Your teaching philosophy and experience,
• The research agenda and funding sources you intend to pursue
• How you will contribute to RITs continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences. For format of diversity statement https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/forms/Diversity_Statement_Guide_for_candidates_4-12.docx.
• Names, addresses and phone numbers for three references.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by October 12. Review of applications will begin October 15 and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visithttp://www.rit.edu/diversity/titleix.htmlor the U.S. Department of Education athttp://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.