Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management invites applications for the position of Department Chair to begin August 2016. The successful candidate will have academic preparation and business/industry expertise in one or more of the department content areas and will be a leader with excellent organizational and communication skills capable of garnering support for a common vision.
The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a collaborative, welcoming, engaging, and productive work environment based on continuous improvement and the goals and values of the college. The work will also include teaching, scholarship (https://www.rit.edu/cast/scholarship-foci-department), service on department, college and university committees and maintenance of professional and technical capabilities and affiliations. Developing relationships with professional organizations and hospitality businesses for the benefit of students and department is expected. The successful candidate must qualify for tenure and the academic rank of Professor.
• Provide leadership in embracing the use and movement of financial resources, information, and use of technology within the hospitality and tourism industry.
• Provide academic leadership, guidance, and mentorship for appropriate constituents and assigned personnel through strong, open, transparent and regular communication.
• Practice fiscal responsibility.
• Advance departmental development and external funding.
• Create the conditions, products, and services that stimulate enrollment growth.
• Manage and monitor the curriculum, continuously improve the quality of teaching and student learning outcomes, and seek experiences that support student success in learning and career development.
• Lead efforts to advance scholarship productivity for faculty members assigned to the department.
• Oversee and/or manage facilities, collaborations, and industry partnerships.
• Implement CAST and RIT policies.
• Earned doctorate in Hotel/Resort Management, Hospitality or Service Industry Management, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in an academic setting.
• Five or more years of experience in a higher educational setting, with direct management experience interpreting and implementing academic policies and practices, and student problem-solving.
• Subject matter expertise, teaching, and management experience related to the hotel/resort, food/beverage, tourism, and/or event management fields.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct scholarship and to support faculty in pursuit of a focused and cohesive scholarship agenda related to the hospitality and tourism disciplines.
• Ability and interest in contributing to the growth of the programs and to student success.
• Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the colleges continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty. Search: BR1907. Please submit your cover letter addressing the listed qualifications; a vita; a contribution to https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/forms/Diversity_Statement_Guide_for_candidates_4-12.docx; and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three references.
Review of applications will begin October 19, 2015 and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visithttp://www.rit.edu/diversity/titleix.htmlor the U.S. Department of Education athttp://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.