Detailed Job Description
The Coordinator, Employer Relations acts a primary liaison for the college career programs responsible for cultivating partnerships and developing internships, work-based learning, and cooperative education opportunities with public and private employers in the region. The position includes the development and application of strategies, planning and recruitment activities to build new employer and community partnerships and maintaining current employer relationships. The Employer Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Work-Based Learning.
District officeDepartment: Perkins Job Developer & InternshipDegree Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Identify, recruit, and develop employer relationships to expand internship and employment opportunities for students by engaging in one-on one contact with prospective employers and organizations.
2. Develop relationships and partnerships with potential and existing employers.
3. Collaborate with Student and Career Services staff, faculty, staff, Valencia Alumni, and Valencia Foundation to increase employment opportunities.
4. Promote the development of meaningful and mutually beneficial student internships and work-based learning experiences.
5. Assist Campus Coordinators in facilitating employer visits to campus as needed.
6. Develop quality opportunities and implements marketing strategies to promote internships and work-based learning opportunities.
7. Establish and enhance a employer centralized computer based database of employers.
8. Prepare and manage reports to reflect employer contacts, activities, evaluate goals, and develop plans for future contacts.
9. Represent the college at community and business/industry meetings and events including Chamber(s) of Commerce, CareerSource, and Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission.
10. Participate in the development and organization of special college events including employer panel discussions, information session, and career fairs.
11. Assists in the development of career and employment outreach programming, workshops, meetings with students and employer groups.
12. Work collaboratively with Campus Coordinators, Deans, and Faculty to ensure internship and work-based learning experiences are aligned with the course objectives and learning outcomes.
13. Serve on A.S. programs Industry Advisory Councils and recruit new employers to serve on the council.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree (required) from a regionally accredited institution in student services, marketing, customer relations, management, human resources or related field.
2. Two+ years relevant experience is preferred.
3. Experience in developing partnerships and working with employers and community partners.
4. Experience in developing and maintain relationships with faculty, staff and other constituents.
5. Experience in planning and developing work-based learning experiences with employers and community partners.
6. Experience in working with computer based systems to document and employer partnerships and activities to support decision-making.
7. Ability to work well with people and have strong written and oral communications skills.
8. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
9. Must have initiative and strong interpersonal skills for relating effectively with employers and the campus community.
10. Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with good public speaking and written communication skills.
11. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
12. This position has a reasonably medium to high access to protected health information (PHI) and is required to participate in specialized training relative to handling of PHI.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
2. Ability to collaborate with other departments in order to resolve issues to full resolution.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and knowledge of Microsoft computer software.
4. Ability to cultivate partnerships with business and community partners
5. Demonstrate initiative and strong interpersonal skills for relating effectively with employers, the campus community and the Internship & Work-Based Learning team.
6. Ability to work independently, initiate, develop, and implement tasks and projects.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$36,829 - $46,729
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.