Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1774 - Unclassified - FT
Provide support to clients for relevant hardware and software. Function as a support resource and assist other support staff, providing ongoing guidance to the clients and support team. Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
1. Fulfill requirements of individualized Service Level Agreements between client departments and IT Services, IT Partnerships.
2. Organize and develop training, consulting, resources, support, and troubleshooting for clients, to include network software, application software, and workgroup utilities.
3. Escalate to Tier III complex problems that cannot be resolved, and work with Tier III staff to assure resolution.
4. Act as a liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
5. Learn quickly and independently; seek opportunities to extend and deepen learning.
6. Evaluate new hardware and software for use at the University, leading teams and synthesizing recommendations.
7. Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalates more significant decision point appropriately.
8. Provide and/or share technical knowledge with other support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system.
9. Actively promote a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously.
10. Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
11. Accurate restate the opinions and needs of others; demonstrate patience and active listening.
12. Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
13. Apply principles and processes of service levels to work; identify/highlight service problems; seek to improve quality of service levels.
14. Support end users in Release transition; identify and correct weaknesses within release.
15. Analyze and summarize the impact of new processes and technologies in the organization; develop communication materials that build awareness and understanding of future changes in processes and technologies.
16. Participate in professional development activities.
17. Participate in cross-functional projects.
18. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Require 2 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
Experience with designated products in a client support environment
Experience with networks and databases
Experience with Microsoft Office products
Experience with Google Products
Experience with Windows Operating Systems
Experience with Macintosh Operating Systems
Experience with Windows Active Directory
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.