Detailed Job Description
Responsible for the design and production of communication materials in support of the college's marketing and communication efforts. Works collaboratively with art director(s), writers, photographers and other members of creative team to develop and execute concepts, provide detailed specifications for production and create final artwork for print and electronic communications.
District OfficeDepartment: Human Resources Management
Essential Job Functions
1. Designs and produces cost effective marketing and communications materials using original artwork, photography, type, illustration and other components as directed that are consistent with College visual standards and brand.
2. Uses industry standard software in the creation and execution of electronic documents intended for print, web, and large format (environmental) applications.
3. May work with outside vendors in acquiring needed materials for supplies and services.
4. May direct, assist, and select photographs for use in college publications.
5. Ensures the technical accuracy of design files throughout the proofing stages and inserts changes, revises components of design electronic files with an eye for detail and correctness.
6. Maintains accurate records of work in progress and prepares final artwork for transmission to vendors and departmental archival system.
7. Suggests improvements and modifies formats to increase cost effectiveness, efficiency and production quality.
8. Utilizes job traffic software to manage individual workload to meet prescribed deadlines.
9. Selects photographic images and performs image editing using industry standard software.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from an accredited institution in graphic arts, digital media, or related field.
2. Progressively responsible experience in graphic design and production.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of best design practices related to typography, use of color, texture and composition.
2. Knowledge of printing papers, printing inks, industry terminology and digital color spaces.
3. Knowledge of legal issues related to copyright and intellectual property.
4. Skilled in MacIntosh computing platform utilizing industry standard software such as InDesign, Quark XPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash.
5. Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines, working as part of a team.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$16.84 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.