Detailed Job Description
Supervises Enrollment Services Departments on East and West campuses, including advising staff that provide initial contact services for all current and prospective students. Coordinates communication services to parents at all levels regarding the enrollment process.
West Campus Department: Enrollment Services
Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinates activities of the Enrollment Services Center and assigns work schedules so that college telephone lines and enrollment events are adequately manned during peak and non-peak times.
2. Coordinates records regarding work products, telephone call volume, information requests, and monitors the status of trouble tickets.
3. Hires, trains and supervises staff of the Enrollment Services telephone call center.
4. Intervenes with difficult call situations and works to regain a positive experience for the student.
5. Provides students with in-depth college enrollment information and policy interpretation relevant to their course registrations and payment status.
6. Confirms status of applications and supporting documentation including transcripts, residency information, and financial aid.
7. Provides financial assistance information including Federal Financial Aid application procedures, financial aid award status, and scholarship information.
8. Determines when a student has encountered a problem in the enrollment process and makes appropriate referrals.
9. Coordinates prospective student communication plans including electronic communications, mass mailings, and inbound and outbound telephone calls.
10. Ensures that computers are used to generate meaningful information and increase efficiency in managing contact and event information, creating personalized communications, and generating reports.
11. Maintains inventories of collateral materials and supplies and coordinates orders for materials.
12. Collaborates with other college departments especially within Student Affairs on system improvements and communicating processes.
13. Provides college-wide support for the coordination of Transition programs and events.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution [preferred].
2. Experience working with students in an educational setting.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
4. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of college policies and ability to comply with state and federal regulations applicable to Valencia.
2. Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to provide excellent customer service, conduct clear telephone conversations, and respond to complaints with tact and diplomacy.
3. Ability to provide students with in-depth college enrollment information and policy interpretation relevant to their course registrations and payment status.
4. Ability to supervise and manage full and part time staff.
5. Computer proficiency and the ability to take full advantage of a wide variety of computer programs to maximize productivity.
6. Ability to display a quality of work that reflects high professional standards in a flexible and fast paced environment; reason and exercise judgment and discretion; and work efficiently and accurately without close supervision.
7. Ability to resolve student enrollment problems at early stages.
8. Ability to remain calm and professional in emotionally charged situations.
9. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$36,010 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.