Detailed Job Description
Provides evening and weekend academic, administrative, and operational support for the campus to ensure safe, efficient, and effective operations. Coordinates with academic departments, campus technology services, student services, facilities, security, and others for effective campus operations. Reports to Campus Dean of Academic Affairs on East Campus and West Campus and the Campus President on Osceola Campus.
East CampusDepartment: Campus PresidentDegree Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Manages the evening and weekend academic operations of campus. Responds to student and faculty requests in collaboration with deans and campus colleagues.
2. Collaborates with Deans, Faculty Development, and Organizational Development to offer and assess professional development activities for faculty and staff, and serve as “lead trainer” for tools and processes used by academic offices.
3. Supports requests for use of college facilities for events by internal and external groups, on evenings and weekends.
4. Supports Deans and Campus Operations in enrollment planning efforts.
5. Serves as liaison to, and regularly communicates with, faculty, staff, students, and community members who are onsite in the evenings and weekends regarding College policies, procedures and processes.
6. Makes recommendations for campus procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations.
7. Assists in providing and promoting the delivery of instructional and faculty support services.
8. Serves as a liaison to faculty, staff, students, and community members. Resolves or refers campus related concerns/complaints to the appropriate offices.
9. Provides leadership for special projects.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required], Master’s degree preferred.
2. Instructional experience preferred, at the post-secondary level.
3. Administrative experience preferred, at the post-secondary level.
4. Experience in applying instructional technology.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of post-secondary educational operations and registration procedures.
2. Skill in effectively communicating, interpersonally, orally, and in writing.
3. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments, meet deadlines, and organize work.
5. Ability to deal effectively with faculty, students, staff, representatives of governmental agencies, educational institutions, the military, and the public.
6. Ability to use critical thinking in assessing situations and making sound and prudent decisions.
7. Ability to research data, make recommendations, and prepare reports.
8. Ability to assist in the budget development process.
9. Must be willing and available to work evening and weekend hours to accommodate the needs of the campus (required).
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$36,829 - $46,729 per yearRequired Availability: Monday to Thursday 12pm to 9 am Friday 1pm to 5pmSaturday 8am to 12pm
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.