Detailed Job Description
Provides accounting, auditing, and financial analysis relating to college-wide unrestricted, auxiliary and agency funds.
District Office Department: Budget Office
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs budget administration, budget versus spending analysis, processes budget revisions, provides statistical information, budget data, status reports, and clerical support for the Director, Budget/Analysis and the Assistant Vice President, Budget/Logistic Services as required.
2. Prepares budget transfers and analysis for balancing of the budget. Prepares and distributes monthly, quarterly and yearly reports on special budgets for the College. Audits and reconciles assigned accounts with trial balance and prepares accounting entries.
3. Support function to provide financial analysis, development of Excel worksheets, and process budget amendment transactions through the Banner Financial and Discoverer Databases to various levels within the College.
4. Acts as liaison for the Procurement and Accounts Payable office determining the proper general ledger codes are used on financial documents as well as verifying funds availability. Assists authorized contacts in posting budget amendments. Provides support to budget managers and departmental personnel regarding budget, financial analysis and State of Florida requirements in regards to unrestricted, auxiliary and agency funds.
5. Provides a monthly review of Revenue and Expenses for the college-wide budget as well as college-wide lump sum accounts. Prepares reallocation summaries for Personnel gl codes.
6. Assists in the preparation, implementation and control of the operating budget for the college using the on-line Budget Development System.
7. Reconciles, provides analysis and processes necessary journal and/or budget entries in relation to the College's lapse, savings and loss of salary dollars using the Banner Position Control, Budget and SAS data warehouse systems.
8. Monitors college funds for compliance with State of Florida policies. Approves payments for expenditures within the college agency funds for compliance and adequate availability of funds. Maintains computerized budget records for the College.
9. Maintains proper and necessary accounting records for verification and procedures. Responsible for following proper audit procedures and prepares schedules for external and internal auditors.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting or business.
2. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of computerized accounting practices and procedures: fund accounting, college and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Lotus.
3. Knowledge of Florida Community College's accounting procedures.
4. Ability to follow complex directions; handle multiple priorities; solve problems; independently plan, initiate and complete assignments; make independent accounting decisions; collect, organize, synthesize and present information in a meaningful manner.
5. Ability to work inside in an office environment.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$34,459 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.