Detailed Job Description
Skidmore College is a highly regarded, selective, independent, coeducational, residential, liberal arts College. Located in beautiful Saratoga Springs, New York, Skidmore sits on a pristine campus of over 750 acres near the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. Saratoga Springs is a not-so-well-guarded secret of rich tradition accented with an abounding youthful feeling. The college's unique location makes it the perfect place for those who desire the peace of country-like living as well as the excitement and activity accessible in nearby larger cities. Skidmore College offers its employees opportunities for professional and personal growth, a very competitive benefits package, and the ability to positively impact the community.
The Skidmore College community awaits your arrival, so if you welcome challenges and are interested in making a difference, come join us!
Skidmore College is seeking an experienced and dynamic marketing leader. Reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications, the Director will manage a team of eight and collaborate with members of the web and media relations teams to design an integrated marketing program using up-to-the-minute strategies and tactics to raise Skidmore's profile and build two-way engagement with its most important constituents.
Specifically, the Director will:
- Develop a fresh marketing program with emphases on social media, digital and online communication to successfully engage alumni, prospective students, the campus community and parents, as well as outside supporters and donors, with the goal of advancing the College's academic mission and highest student-focused priorities.
- Lead the direction, design, and production of bold digital communications, updated web content, social media initiatives, and print marketing materials to reflect the key college attributes around the brand statement that "creative thought matters."
Design specific marketing and advertising initiatives for the offices of Advancement, Admissions, Athletics, Special Programs, and major venues including Zankel and the Tang.
- Oversee 8 staff members in admissions, advancement, and athletic marketing, and digital imagery and communications.
Work closely with the Media & Campus Relations team as they develop initiatives to increase national and regional exposure and engagement utilizing online and social media tools.
- Assist the Web Design &Development team with updating design, navigation and content that leads to more engagement with key audiences via the web.
- Use experience in the field to help all employees develop and use research and metrics to both inform strategies and evaluate the results.
- Establish clear marketing priorities and eliminate ineffective or low impact projects or programs.
- Support an environment that recognizes excellence and promotes a positive atmosphere of creativity, innovation, achievement and pride.
- Conduct in-depth performance evaluations and provide professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- Manage the marketing budget with an eye to strategically and cost-effectively deploying all staff and other college program resources.
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
A bachelor's or higher degree in a relevant discipline such as strategic marketing or advertising.
8-10 years of demonstrated career success in achieving organizational goals through strategic integrated marketing and branding. Significant knowledge and experience integrating online, digital, and social media into robust marketing campaigns. Proven experience managing an integrated marketing team and collaborating with related departments. Strong skills in writing, editing and online content development. An understanding of key college functions, especially in the areas of admissions, development, alumni relations, athletics, and event attendance. Experience working with multiple clients and tight deadlines. Excellent judgment and the ability to function well in a collaborative culture. A strong track record as a solutions-oriented leader able to encourage and effect change. High personal integrity and a track record of excellence and achievement.
Required Applicant Documents
List of Three References
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, military or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or prior arrest or conviction record or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS