Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1766 - Unclassified - FT
The University Production and Traffic Specialist will report to and collaborate with the University Production and Traffic Manager. The successful candidate will work with appropriate staff and team members in the production of publications and other materials in support of recruitment, instructional, research, and administrative needs. At times, he/she will be coordinating the likes of a postcard, while at other times he/she may be bidding out environmental graphics for the insides of a building. He/she will manage project timelines, track budgets, and maintain deadlines to ensure timely completion of projects. The successful candidate will be able to deliver creative and editorial feedback to colleagues who do not report directly to him/her and drive results while keeping projects on track. He/she will be responsible for processing orders through established procedures for generating and maintaining files and records. He/she will consult with university divisions and departments across campus to also coordinate their graphic, photographic, and print production requirements.
* Follow process and utilize appropriate software/tools for successfully monitoring progress of active projects, providing support as needed to ensure timely completion.
* Collaborate with editors, designers, photographers, web team, news team and other appropriate staff to produce publications and other materials for university relations, recruiting, and events.
* Prepare big requests for printing according to procedures and policies established by the Office of Purchasing.
* Consult with clients, including faculty, staff, and students, to determine project scope, expectations, deadlines, and necessary resources.
* Complete appropriate records and forms, to be generated at the initiation of each project.
* Interact with outside printers to establish relationships, coordinate jobs for printing and production, and ensure high quality of product and services.
* Participate in professional development activities.
* Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
* Some college or equivalent experience
* One to three (1-3) years experience in customer service or consultation
* One to three (1-3) years experience with art directing and/or graphic design
* One (1) or more years experience in printing environment or print coordination
* Knowledge of graphic arts and other software (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, MSOffice, etc.)
* Knowledge of equipment and processes for offset printing, digital printing. bindery, including options and limitations.
* Knowledge of environmental graphic production processes and techniques.
* Knowledge of and willingness to collaborate with web team, social media, photo/video, and trademarks & licensing for project management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
* Ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality.
* Ability and willingness to work independently in a team environment.
* Ability to analyze causes of client problems and generate solutions.
* Ability to take initiative in providing support to the client.
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Keen attention to detail.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.