Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
JOB ID: 1212 - SATSS - FT
This full time position performs a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks requiring some independent judgment related to ensuring the successful completion of the daily operations of Accounting, Accounts Payable, Bursar or Purchasing.
1) Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date files and computer databases on student, university department and vendor accounts.
2) Serves as informational resource for students, university departments, and vendors; investigates and resolves problems and difficulties regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar and purchasing.Interprets policies and procedures.
3) Assist in various routine and non-routine activities regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar and purchasing.
4) Performs a variety of intermediate to complex administrative tasks which may include review and monitor agency fund accounts for compliance with financial policies and procedures; process travel expense reports, various purchase documents, payments, budget reports and debit requisitions.
5) Monitors and reviews projects; ensures all necessary changes are made. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding accounting, accounts payable, bursar or purchasing's programs and activities; produces reports.
6) Performs a variety of administrative tasks including generating statements of account, answering phones, typing, coordinating bulk mailings, ordering supplies and copying.
Requires twelve months of coursework or training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; knowledge of computers and office applications; knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping procedures; business math skills, oral and written communication skills; ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds. May require supervisory, clerical and/or research skills.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.