Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1759 - AFSCME - FT (hourly)
Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled duties in the repair, maintenance and/or operation of buildings, facilities, equipment, tools, etc. Operate and maintain a Zamboni, ice edger, and other related equipment; repair and sharpen skates; perform major repairs, preventive maintenance, and custodial functions to building structures, components, and facilities; coordinate maintenance functions with the Physical Facilities Department; assist with training and supervising student employees; compile and maintain records; and provide assistance with programs, activities, and customer service as needed.
Specific Duties (May include but not limited to the following):
1) Operate and maintain Zamboni and ice edger;
2) Perform ice maintenance;
3) Repair and sharpen skates;
4) Perform custodial functions to the building;
5) Make major repairs to building structures, such as repairing damaged walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, etc., and makes major installations or replacements as required;
6) Make repairs on electrical facilities and equipment, such as repairing or replacing electrical switches, outlets, appliances, motors, fans, etc.;
7) Repair or replace building hardware such as door closers, locks, panic bars, hand rails, etc.;
8) Repair, replace and/or maintain water pipes, drains, sinks, faucets, toilets, and other plumbing fixtures of facilities;
9) Perform minor repairs to refrigeration and ventilation equipment etc.;
10) Monitor and log refrigeration and HVAC equipment;
11) Make repairs and maintain tools, appliances and equipment such as vacuum sweepers, drills, sanders, etc., by repairing or replacing worn or broken parts, cleaning, lubricating, calibrating, etc.;
12) Read and understand parts lists, catalogs and manuals to identify and initiate procurement of replacement parts, make repairs, etc.;
13) Apply protective or decorative coatings of paint or other materials to building surfaces (i.e., walls, doors, windows), equipment, etc.;
14) Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly condition;
15) Keep and maintain records, fill out forms, etc., as required or instructed;
16) Assist with training and supervision of student employees;
17) Perform other related duties up to and including the level of skill described above.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Some exposure to several unpleasant elements which are particularly disagreeable.
Requires nine months of technical training beyond high school and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires driver's license.
Knowledge of unit operations; mechanical skills; knowledge of computer and unit applications; supervisory skills.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.