Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
• Maintains budget spending, account activity, budget files and record books; provides budget
support to campus departments; develops new budget procedures for improvement in unit
• Monitors/tracks travel database, notes and documentation relating to the travel process
• Enters purchase requisitions and BCR forms into the Banner system
• Provides clerical/general office support as needed such as assisting in the preparation of
presentation materials, written documents and forms
• Provides training to staff and faculty on unit operations
• Responds to operational inquiries and information concerns from staff, faculty and the general public
• Resolves enrollment, refund problems and assists in resolving concerns of staff and faculty with issues in Banner, budget and travel issues, office equipment and computer hardware/software
• Organizes, prioritizes and delegates duties to unit staff and proofs work for conformance to
policies and procedures
• Functionally supervises and schedules the work of student assistants in the assigned unit
• Performs other related duties within the job grade and job classification as assigned
• High School diploma/GED
• Four years of experience servicing students in an academic setting
• Two years of functional supervisory experience
• Administrative support experience
• Knowledge of the preparation and monitoring of a departmental budget
• Strong customer service skills
• Skills in keyboarding, basic grammar, basic math, intermediate level word processing (MS
Word) and intermediate level spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Associate degree
• Skills in advanced level word processing (MS Word), advanced level spreadsheet applications
• Advanced level presentation software skills
• Experience with Banner Student Information System
• Previous experience with assisting in monitoring and preparing a departmental budget
Normal Work Hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 am through 5:00 pm
This is a Full-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 06. Full time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.