Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Instructional Support Analyst I
Department: Academic Technology Services - ITS
Job IRC #18214
The Instructional Support Analyst I reports to the Manager of Instructional and Media Technology. This position (a) assists in the development of training materials and conducts faculty workshops and orientation for Blackboard Learning Management System and other IT supported software, (b) identifies and communicates best practices for applying teaching and learning and instructional technologies to curriculum design; (c) consults with faculty on instructional design and development projects (multimedia classroom instruction and online course development), (d) creates, updates, and maintains clear documentation and other instructional materials (websites, multimedia and online tutorials) to support teaching and learning and conducts and reports formative evaluations of new and existing courses; (e) coordinates the scheduling of IT Training workshops and maintains the training calendar website. This position develops resources in print and online, and integrates applications of technology into instruction through identifying instructional problems or pedagogical issues. Assists in developing strategies using technology as an instructional tool. Evaluates and assesses the effectiveness of instructional delivery, and facilitates use of special applications for delivery of animation, graphics, digitized, sound, video-editing, templates, etc. This position receives supervision from the Manager of Instructional and Media Technology.
Required: Bachelor's degree in instructional technology, or related educational field, with two years experience providing classroom technology support; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Demonstrated project management skills, good communications and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and/or work alone. Working knowledge of copyright guidelines for multimedia presentation use. Two years of experience with Blackboard (instructor and/or GUI admin) is highly desirable.
Learning Management and Web Knowledge:
• Proficiency with learning management systems – preferably Blackboard
• Instructional design and course build skills
• Web applications, particularly Adobe products Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Flash, Captivate, Database, HTML and XML a plus)
• Expertise in integrating technology in a wide variety of instructional situations
• Demonstrated experience developing instructional or training materials
• Knowledge of and experience in multimedia and interactive computing technologies (authoring systems, hypertext utilities, WWW design and development), HTTP (basic knowledge: errors, response codes)
• Browsers (Internet Explorer, Netscape)
• Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
• File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
• Browser Testing and Setup
Server Basic Knowledge:
• Apache Server-Side includes (SSI)
• Apache Server Commands (.htaccess, basic knowledge: passwords, redirects)
• Linux and Unix
• Unix file management
• Strong familiarity with both PC and Mac operating environments
• Strong familiarity with mobile devices and various operating systems including Android and iOS
• Proficient and well versed with a wide variety of educational technologies
• Knowledge of the Classroom technology such as Smart Classrooms
• Excellent public communication skills and the ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students and others in the working environment
• Ability to organize, categorize and prioritize workload effectively and efficiently, under minimal supervision
• Effective presentation skills
• Dependable, professional, high-energy with positive attitude
• Must be a self-starter and have excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented design/development process
• Excellent skills in both written and oral communications
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours per week: 40
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
"The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree."
Click http://apptrkr.com/665188 to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.