Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/22/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position provides administrative support/supervision and coordination of delivery of accommodations and support services for students with disabilities to ensure institutional compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act. This position consists of direct support services to students and administrative coordination of student accommodations, including testing, note-taking, and special furniture.
I. Managing Testing Operations(70%):
• Coordinate all aspects of testing services for students with disabilities, including scheduling of exams using Clockworks software, proctoring exams and ensuring security and integrity of the testing process
• Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise part-time student staff
• Enforce and update policies and procedures as it relates to testing services
II. Coordinating Additional Accommodations (10%):
• Coordinate note-taking delivery system and collaborates with faculty to ensure students are receiving access to class notes
• Coordinate with the facilities management to arrange placement of ADA furniture in specified classrooms
• Coordinate use of accommodations in alternative format and adaptive technology as needed.
III. Student Support (10%):
• Provide and maintain a high degree of customer service
• Counsel students in the following areas: rights and responsibilities with regard to academic accommodations, departmental policies and procedures, and university policies
• Make appropriate referrals to internal and external resources
• Serve as an advocate when student’s approved accommodations are not being provided by faculty
IV. Administrative and Other Duties (10%):
• Provide monthly data analysis reports
• Develop, recommend, implement and administer an outcomes assessment program to evaluate the effectiveness of accommodations in the support of student learning
• Maintain accurate records
• Assist in planning and participation in campus events and programming (i.e., Disability Awareness Day, audio conferences, transition outreach services to high school students, open houses, faculty orientations, etc.)
• Participate in professional development activities including conferences, workshops, and webinars
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience providing supervision and performance management for staff.
• Demonstrated customer service experience.
• Demonstrated experience working in a testing center.
• Demonstrated experience working with students with disabilities
• Demonstrated experience with scheduling software.
• Working knowledge of Section 504 and ADA Compliance Issues.
• Experience determining appropriate accommodations to students with various types of disabilities.
• Previous experience or working knowledge or adaptive technology hardware and software.
• Experience creating and implementing training for staff.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.