Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/18/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either
Higher Education Executives,
Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants,
. You can also
utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria.
Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background
either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Charles Town, West Virginia
Detailed Job Description
Synopsis of Role:
The Facilities Technician provides facilities support for the Charles Town offices of American Public University System (APUS).
- Maintains and performs preventive maintenance on campus heating, ventilation and air conditioning(HVAC) systems including Mitsubishi/York/Trane systems on site.
- Performs minor repairs on plumbing and electrical issues.
- Provides support for various campus functions and events hosted by APUS.
- Replaces air conditioning filters throughout campus.
- Maintains and repairs kitchen appliances.
- Assists in the replacement of interior and exterior lamps and fixtures.
- Assists with removal of snow from entrances and walkways/ apply snow melt as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Must have the ability to work independently or with a team member.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Acquires information and understands the tasks required of the facilities department.
- Must be able to think strategically, respond to change, and be innovative.
- Ability to effectively manage time and performance while on the job.
- Ability to plan and monitor for results.
- Must have 2 years of HVAC knowledge and experience.
- Must have 2 years of electrical knowledge and experience.
- General plumbing knowledge a plus.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office a plus.
- Facilities Technician
- Embracing and creating diverse learning environs
- Superior and relevant distance learning programs
- Online education supports a community of learners
|Employment Type:||Administrative Staff|
||See Job Description
See Job Description
|Level of Job:
||Analyst / Staff
|Type of School:||4 - Year / Masters Institution|
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.