Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Supports the Academic Dean in the successful deployment of strategic initiatives on the Campus.
• Responsible for the development, review and evaluation of academic plans, curriculum, programs, course schedules and budgets within the division.
• Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates faculty and division/departmental staff.
• Ensures the communication of plans, activities and expectations for faculty and staff at various levels within the campus and within the division.
• Collaborates with other academic area team members as part of the campus-based academic leadership team in order to keep programs relevant and current.
• Develops and manages the division’s academic schedule, handles student issues, conducts curriculum assessment, evaluation, and revisions as necessary.
• May be assigned to support college-wide coordination of planning, resource allocation and quality assurance for the assigned discipline.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s Degree, preferably in an academic area related to the assignment from an accredited institution of higher education
• Credentialed and/or licensed in a health related career
• Demonstrated experience supervising faculty and/or staff in daily divisional operations, budget management and program review and coordination
• Demonstrated teaching experience at the college level
• Demonstrated continuous process improvement skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated commitment to student success and to enhancing teaching and learning
• Ability to work collaboratively with one’s peers in other disciplines, functional units and partner campuses
• Creative thinker, innovator, and problem solver
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and program review
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and respond quickly to the changing needs of the organization and its internal and external constituents
• A commitment to one’s own professional development
• Servant Leadership
• Collaboration / Inclusion
• Results Focus
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
• Flexibility / Adaptability
• Continuous Improvement / Innovation
• Customer Service
• Time Utilization / Organization
• Quality of Work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Doctoral Degree, preferably in an academic area related to the assignment or in higher education administration from an accredited institution of higher education
• Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of academic quality systems
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Demonstrated experience with the accreditation process.
• Experience with diverse technology applications including SCT Banner
Normal College Hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.