Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/19/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Working in a fast-paced collaborative environment; provide timely, effective and quality customer support to faculty, staff and students using computer (PC & Mac) and audiovisual equipment
Provide technical support in-person, via phone and using remote access software.
Maintain computer & audiovisual hardware used in staff offices, public venues and classrooms. As needed assist with the setup and use of such equipment, assisting with scheduled hardware refresh/replace and software upgrade initiatives.
Manage installed base of computer hardware and software using Active Directory, Group Policies, scripting languages & batch files to automate tasks.
Utilize imaging technologies (WAIK, Ghost, etc.) to develop & deploy standardized configurations, and to and facilitate the transfer of user data between computers.
Participate on multi-department project teams working to develop and deploy new applications and technology to the University community.
Promote and explain available services and technology to parents and students at Admissions and Student Affairs events.
All other related duties, as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Director of Client Services.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and
- Well-rounded experience working with and supporting multiple
computer platforms, including integration with various presentation
technology (external displays, video projectors, DVD/VCR, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer usage in a managed
network enterprise environment.
- Capable of working equally well individually and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology, or equivalent.
- According to a scheduled rotation, able to work evenings and
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Considerable experience with Ghost, WAIK, or similar imaging
- Proficiency administering computers using Active Directory, Group
Policies, WSUS, etc.
- Familiarity with Track-It software, to manage work requests and
- Advanced expertise with operating systems and productivity software
(Windows and Mac).
- Experience providing technical support in a higher education
- Relevant certifications: Microsoft, Apple, CompTIA A+, HDI, etc.
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.