Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/19/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University Online was established in 2001. An early adopter of online learning in traditional education, QU Online has a dynamic and growing team and we are looking to expand that team to support the next phase of our growth. We seek energetic, disciplined, and enthusiastic professionals to join our team.
We are looking for a high-energy, experienced analyst to join our dynamic team in our online higher education division. This new position, reporting to the Associate VP for Online Programs, will assist in the development of reports from our University application systems to provide guidance with continuous improvement. The Director of Analytics is responsible for reporting the activity related to our online students and programs. S/he will be responsible for building our competency in analytics as it relates to admissions, retention, marketing and learning for online programs. The data analyst must work with other departments to ensure data integrity. Success in this role means being involved in and improving the lifecycle of our online division.
Provide technical support, reporting and customization using the University ERP, CRM and other data applications.
Assist in the set-up of database parameters, provide test scripts and monitor results.
Translate business needs to software procedures/business workflow.
Assist subject matter experts to define and develop reports based on reporting needs.
Review existing college business practices, and pursue opportunities and make recommendations on how the system can be used to streamline, enhance and improve operations and the quality of outcomes.
Prepare procedural documentation, technical documentation and provide end user training.
Act as liaison between QU Online and IT regarding the University ERP, Datatel and other third party software initiatives.
- Minimum five years prior experience working with analytic
- BS or BA degree;
- Data mining and research experience with statistical software
- Demonstrated expertise in database management software (2-4
- Demonstrated database programming skills;
- Strong communication, analytical and documentation skills. Ability to
effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users;
- Candidate must be customer service oriented and have the ability to
work effectively as part of a team;
- Experience with creating reports for end users;
- Experience with business intelligence applications;
- Ability to translate data into effective dashboards;
- Understanding of one or more query languages.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages as well as
application programming interface(API).
- Desired educational background in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics
or Computer Science.
- Data mining and market research experience including experience
with statistical analysis software packages, such as SAS or SPSS or
- Significant experience in predictive modeling, forecasting and
regression techniques and developing intelligent information for
- Experience with Blackboard analytics a plus.
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.