Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/9/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under general direction, the Development Director serves as a leader within the Development Department and within the assigned School(s); is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors as well as cooperation with planned giving and annual giving; plans, directs, and facilitates engagement activities such as event planning and board development; is responsible for moving donors into and through a pipeline of annual, major and planned gifts, while engaging the appropriate colleagues in the process.
• Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
• Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
• Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
• Marketing and presentation skills
• Project management skills
• Supervisory skills
• Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
• Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
• Ability to solicit major gifts
• Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Ability to travel strategically and obtain results
• Ability to articulate the overall mission of the School and the University
• Ability to create and maintain a budget
• Ability to diffuse difficult situations and/or handle controversy with decorum and composure
Four-year college education
3 to 5 years
1. Participates in strategic planning and manages overall execution of fundraising for the School(s), including managing an active portfolio of ~150 major, planned, annual and President’s Circle prospects; leads the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects; partners with dean(s), faculty and staff, development administrative support, and development colleagues to promote strategic development goals; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with School administration, faculty and staff and develops a broad understanding of School-level priorities; collaborates with Planned Giving on a regular and ongoing basis.
2. Manages external constituents and their experiences while on campus, including volunteers and alumni; represent the School(s) and University in the community, through networking events, industry-specific associations or professional development opportunities; participates actively on committees for special efforts, such as legacy enrollment, alumni affinity group engagement, Homecoming, etc.
3. Writes solicitation, acknowledgement and thank you communications; collaborates with MarCom for marketing material and Information Technology for online information and updates as well as contribute to or manage social media.
4. Assists the Dean and other School leadership to develop and maintain School-based boards to further the goals of providing expertise, visibility and funding to the School and/or program.
5. Assists with the management of scholarships and their funds; develops a communications calendar; reports progress on a regular basis.
6. May supervise staff; participates in special projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.