Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/9/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care and service, is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Program Director of Pediatric Dentistry. The Program Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and initial accreditation of a new advanced education program in pediatric dentistry to be affiliated with SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center (www.cardinalglennon.com/) of St. Louis, MO.
The Program Director will also be responsible for the overall conduct, organization, and accountability of the residency program. The Program Director reports to the Executive Director of the Center for Advanced Dental Education at Saint Louis University. The overall goal for the Program Director is to ensure that residents receive excellent training and education and the standards of the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association are maintained.
Curriculum and Teaching
- Develop a pediatric dentistry curriculum that emphasizes Pediatric Dentistry principles. - Evaluate curriculum on an on-going basis, recommending changes as needed.
- Evaluate the overall residency training program on a regular basis to ensure an optimal educational experience for each resident. - Create a culture of learning.
- Develop, initiate, coordinate and administer policies, procedures, and activities that are compatible with accreditation and institutional requirements and policies. - Make recommendations about the type and the number of teaching faculty and staff needed for successful administration of the program.
- Prepare appropriate job descriptions for residency faculty and support staff. - Supervise residency faculty and staff on a regular basis.
- Develop, implement and maintain a successful recruitment and selection program for residents.
- Implement and maintain a recruitment and selection process for faculty.
Board certification in Pediatric Dentistry with a minimum of five years of experience after completion of postgraduate Pediatric Dentistry program and academic credentials appropriate for faculty appointment at Saint Louis University. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with the qualifications of the selected applicant. The candidate must be eligible for licensure in the state of Missouri. Extramural or intramural practice opportunities are available.
A working knowledge of general University and Medical Center policy and procedures; strong interpersonal skills and mature judgment sufficient to ensure efficient collaboration and liaison with diverse constituencies at all functional levels; ability to motivate, train and supervise others effectively; ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently while tracking and meeting deadlines; strong communication skills and program assessment abilities, with demonstrated verbal, presentation and facilitation skills. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader who is committed to academic excellence and can provide a vision to program faculty and staff for the establishment of a new residency program.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, application and current curriculum vitae to https://jobs.slu.edu. Other correspondence regarding this position may be sent to: John F. Hatton, D.M.D., Executive Director, Center for Advanced Dental Education, Saint Louis University, 3320 Rutger St., St. Louis, MO 63104.
Saint Louis University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and encourages nominations and applications of women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.