Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/19/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of San Diego
Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian
Organization Name: Copley Library
The University of San Diego's Copley Library seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual to serve as the Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian. As the Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian, this individual is responsible for the acquisition and management of electronic resources and print serials.
Reporting to the University Librarian and working under the direction of the Head of Technical Services, the Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian is responsible for supervising two staff positions as well as student workers. He/she is responsible for the acquisition and management of electronic resources, including databases, journals, and books. This position also oversees print serials. Duties include managing the daily operations related to licensing, negotiating, tracking, and providing access to e-resources and print serials; collecting and analyzing data and statistics and preparing departmental and other reports; managing the operation of the electronic resources management system (ERM); managing the link resolver and proxy server; reviewing workflows for efficiency and effectiveness; serving as the library’s point person on issues and questions related to e-resources and serials; staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices related to e-resources and serials; serving on relevant library and university committees; and participating in professional organizations that focus on e-resources and serials. This position serves as liaison to one academic department. This is a 12-month tenure-track library faculty position.
• ALA accredited MLS or MLIS degree
• Experience with an integrated library system, preferably III’s Millennium and Serials Solutions 360 products
• Experience using spreadsheets
• Experience communicating with vendors
• Experience dealing with technical changes that may affect user access to e-resources
• Experience procuring, licensing, and managing e-resources and print serials
• Coordinates ordering, receiving, and payment to vendors
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
• Ability to document e-resources and serials policies and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Capable of working with the Head of Technical Services and the Budget and Operations Manager
• Ability to collaborate and work with library faculty and staff and faculty in academic departments
• Ability to work well individually and within a team in an evolving work environment
• Two years or more of related experience in an academic library
• Demonstrate an understanding of budgetary tracking principles
• Supervisory experience
• Experience in project management
• Experience with consortia
• Experience with Microsoft products
• Knowledge of cataloging standards and bibliographic utilities
• Knowledge of copyright related to e-resources and serials
• Knowledge of new scholarly publishing modes
Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Librarians in Copley Library have faculty appointments and must demonstrate excellence in librarianship, research, service, and otherwise meet reappointment, promotion, and tenure criteria.
Benefits: Benefits include health care, retirement, and life insurance. USD is a private, Roman Catholic university with over 7,800 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's website is www.sandiego.edu.
Deadline: Formal review of applications will begin November 26, 2012, and continues until the position is filled. The start date is January 6, 2013, but can be negotiated.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, to include social security verification and federal/county criminal check.
How to Apply
To apply, go to http://apptrkr.com/293523 and follow these steps:
1) Click on the link for current faculty openings.
2) Click on the link for IRC9245.
3) Click Apply Now and register as an applicant.
4) Please upload the following documents (please do not send any additional materials). If you have difficulty uploading any documents, please contact Human Resources at (619) 260-6806 or (619) 260-2725 and reference job posting IRC9245.
a) Letter of application
c) Names, addresses and telephone numbers of five professional references.
Questions can be directed to Dr. Theresa S. Byrd, University Librarian,
(619) 260-2370, firstname.lastname@example.org
USD is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.