Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations will assist with the development, coordination, promotion, maintenance and evaluation of all events, programs, projects and all other aspects of the Alumni Relations Office. The Assistant Director is also responsible for all young alumni engagement programs. The Assistant Director will serve as the primary advisor to the Student Alumni Board, and will be responsible for all student programming that originates from the alumni office, including the Student Philanthropy Programs, the Student Alumni Association, and any other student specific programs.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Develop, manage, implement, and evaluate strategies and programs that promote stronger and more effective alumni relationships within and without the University, including but not limited to creating and leading programs to engage other constituents and to identify and contact high profile and successful alumni.
- Plan, implement and organize cooperative programming between the Alumni Association and various campus entities, including:
Career Development Center
Prospective Student Services
Office of Student Success & Retention
- Manage the cultivation and stewardship of young alumni donors and support fundraising activities that will generate resources for the Alumni Association and its affiliated programs. Support resource generation through affinity programs
- Train and mentor volunteers and manage an extensive alumni volunteer network, including alumni chapters and other organizations.
- Support maintenance of online database by updating alumni data records, manipulating data reports, and mining data for specific information.
- Manage and prepare event budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Alumni Director.
- Facilitate professional and social networking programs to connect alumni and students
- Direct, plan, implement and assess student programs for Alumni Relations, including the Student Alumni Association, Student Alumni Board, Student Alumni Certification and Wolverine Wednesday Activities. Assist Senior Director with Student Philanthropy activities and giving campaign.
Solicit sponsorships and additional funding for student programming
- Manage and prepare program budgets and provide periodic progress reports for the Division
- Recruit, select and train student leaders and volunteers
- Develop, plan, implement, maintain and assess success and value of alumni affinity programs, including the Legacy Program, Career Service Development programs and activities, the Alumni Card, alumni awards, alumni prizes, and other programs as may become available or needed.
- Create opportunities to solicit alumni participation in affinity programs at events, meetings, and other places as may be appropriate.
- Assist alumni staff members in planning and executing events and activities as needed.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.