Detailed Job Description
Acts as a resource to assist in the design, development and implementation of web-based courses and course tools. Develops and implements College based training programs in use of web-based course tools and other instructional technology tools. Supports in the production of course ware and troubleshooting problems. Creates and disseminates communications. Performs limited system administration functions, researches advances in web-based course development technologies and recommends various products in instructional technology planning processes.
West CampusDepartment: IT OfficeDegree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides support to in the development and maintenance of new technology based curricula and in applying technology to the instructional processes.
2. Works collaboratively with multiple departments throughout the college as a member of the Instructional Technology team to design, develop, test and support online training, resources and administrative applications.
3. Collaborates with subject matter experts to design and develop online web-enhanced courses utilizing effective online educational practices.
4. Provides design and production assistance in the development of electronic delivery methods.
5. Manages course projects from inception to completion, in addition to consults with individual or groups on optimal design of curriculum, instruction and effective uses of multimedia.
6. Designs and supervises production of learning resources in variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video and animation technologies to support curriculum offerings.
7. Researches and recommends advances on multimedia and course delivery software for use by faculty and others to improve delivery methods and operations.
8. Tracks bugs as well as enhancements to ensure the proper routing of problems to vendors and staff.
9. Facilitates communications through various methodologies including listservs, websites, email, collaborative chat rooms and/or forums and other tools.
10. Manages in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology staff the various components of the instructional technology software applications including course database creation and student registrations.
11. Interacts with various academic and administrative departments, vendors and/or systems to facilitate data collection and database updating.
12. Interacts with various administrators, departments and committees for the purpose of disseminating program information, activity coordination and planning purposes.
13. Creates documentation on internal procedures, prepares statistical reports and documents various activities.
14. Assists in the organization of college conferences, symposiums and other instructional technology programs.
15. Coordinates various instructional technology programs, resources, vendor relations and communications with the Office of Information Technology staff.
16. Participates in mandatory meetings with faculty, staff and the Office of Information Technology.
17. Mentors and manage course designers and other staff, as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned. These may include, but not limited to website development, event coordination, multi-media streaming, network storage and various administrative tasks.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience [required].
2. Experience in instructional design, educational technology, distance learning, information science or related field [required].
3. Experience with interactive computer communications for instructional purposes.
4. Training, staff development and/or teaching experience.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, especially Blackboard, multimedia applications and authoring tools for instructional purposes.
2. Demonstrated written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with strong intellectual and analytical skills.
3. Ability to support and troubleshoot technical problems for PC and Mac users, especially software problems.
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
5. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
6. Ability to respond to common inquiries, complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with professionalism, enthusiasm and superior customer service.
7. Self-motivator, organizer and detail-oriented team player that possesses the ability to participate in collaborative instructional development processes and activities.
8. Understanding of educational issues related to online teaching and learning.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$48,087 - $59,218 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.